Georgi Kinkladze

His nickname in the dressing room at the time was tango.....due to his obsession with the said drink of the time....Tango is not the thing to drink as a professional athlete, his time at city , he was constantly having problems with his weight, due to tango and his love of the Chinese takeaway.

Bit like myself then

His Rooneyesque physique on the video speaks volumes but he is very respectful to City and was indeed a flawed legend.

Unfortunately there was a technical fault on my iPad because I thought I heard him praise Alan Ball.

Fcukin Windows 10!!!

Last edited:
His Rooneyesque physique on the video speaks volumes but he is very respectful to City and was indeed a flawed legend.

Unfortunately there was a technical fault on my iPad because I thought I heard him praise Alan Ball.

Fcukin Windows 10!!!

I heard it too, must take it into account English isn't his first language. He's obviously meant to call Ball a useless fucking **** and it hasn't come out right.

Go and speak to the former ex players you mentioned about Kinky, they are far from complimentary about him and particularly his laziness and attitude.

I did some fan zone work with Nicky Summerbee and he clearly loved Kinky. They were still in touch.

My favourite player and would easily get in today's team. He was all left foot and maybe didn't do a lot without the ball but I have never seen anyone run at pace with the ball and stop dead like him, leaving defenders clutching at thin air like cartoon characters running over a cliff. People forget how brave he was getting kicked to fuck every week and he still constantly wanted the ball. Goals against Boro, Leicester and Oxford will live long in the memory and the one against Southampton will never be beat for me. He entertained us whilst playing in probably the worst City side ever.

"Gio, Gio, Gio" (bows to the legend)

My favourite player and would easily get in today's team. He was all left foot and maybe didn't do a lot without the ball but I have never seen anyone run at pace with the ball and stop dead like him, leaving defenders clutching at thin air like cartoon characters running over a cliff. People forget how brave he was getting kicked to fuck every week and he still constantly wanted the ball. Goals against Boro, Leicester and Oxford will live long in the memory and the one against Southampton will never be beat for me. He entertained us whilst playing in probably the worst City side ever.

I remember him legging it for a breakaway, when our keeper had the ball & the keeper basically hurled the ball out, full power, at the back of his head, instead of over it, whilst he was between two defenders running at the side of him. He controlled it with the side of his face, straight, down to his boot, & fucked off, without breaking stride.

Lazy for sure, but for pure football ability, we have never had anyone on the same level since.

Bang on.

The best player I've seen at City.

That clip is a great find

I was at the Newcastle game, he was brilliant. The was when they dirty twat Asprilla elbowed Keith Curle

And one other thing - all those moaning about Bravo, have a look at the keeper we had then. Immel, an awful excuse for a goal keeper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.