Georgi Kinkladze

Our beacon of hope when we were as low as we could be.

Ultimately, he didn't stop us dropping down the divisions, but he was a joy to watch.

I always thought it was funny when Lee, as chairman, told him to get rid of his Ferrari, so he did what he was told and wrote it off by smashing it into the concrete bridge by the Marriott in Hale Barns!

I had a look on google to see what he is doing now, and he has vanished into thin air.

He'll always be welcome as far as I am concerned.

You could tell just from his debut v Spurs he was a magician with the ball. He used to bring tears to my eyes.

Not likely. Especially as Silva is playing centre mid and wide left this season and Kinky could only play well in a free role centrally, off the striker. The like for like would be KDB and as much as I loved Kinky he's not in the same league. One player occasionally shone surrounded by muck, the other consistently stands out when surrounded by world class talent.

This is a common lazy football fans point of view. I remember when United fans said Fletcher was better than Modric because he had more goals and had won more titles.

Either way when Ajax signed him I'm pretty sure they had won their league and won the champions league a few years before that, they were still pretty huge before Dutch football became naff

Kinkladze was a magician, he still tore up premier league defences when he got the opportunity. He was similar in a way to a Gazza or Ginola who didn't need pace to beat a man, they just used their skill. I think in todays nutrition and a good head coach he would have thrived. He wasn't the cause of City going down, you just had a load of shite at the time. For every Rosler and Kinkladze you have five Nicky Summerbee's and Creany's

Spot on. He was brilliant, the kind of player you pay to watch.

What a goal.

When he was playing for Ajax I was on my usual visit to Holland and spoke to several Ajax fans about him. They saw him as lazy and not a team player and was soon shipped out.

Personally, as others have mentioned he was THE shinning light among the dross we were watching in the day. I was there for his goal against Southampton and was mesmerised like everyone that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.