Germany v England 22nd March

i dont think he is, the pubs are packed with city and united fans when england play in tournaments near where i live/manchester, much more then when either team play. plenty of city/county/united fans follow england away swell.

When ever you see banners its Ipswich, Yeovil, Rochadale and the like. Whenever I talk to other football fans of say the top 4 the vast majority (admittedly small in number) couldnt care less. Saying the pubs are packed for England game isnt a surprise its just another excuse for a beer.

When ever you see banners its Ipswich, Yeovil, Rochadale and the like. Whenever I talk to other football fans of say the top 4 the vast majority (admittedly small in number) couldnt care less. Saying the pubs are packed for England game isnt a surprise its just another excuse for a beer.

i know plenty of city fans who have followed england especially in tournaments, including members of my own family. your last point could apply to any game, as any game can be an excuse for a beer. I've never seen the pubs as packed as when england play in tournaments, most people going crazy when we score and supporting england.

When ever you see banners its Ipswich, Yeovil, Rochadale and the like. Whenever I talk to other football fans of say the top 4 the vast majority (admittedly small in number) couldnt care less.

Funnily enough, fans of clubs outside the Premier League couldn't care less about the top four.

i dont think he is, the pubs are packed with city and united fans when england play in tournaments near where i live/manchester, much more then when either team play. plenty of city/county/united fans follow england away swell.
I was working down South during the 2010 World cup we all knocked off to watch the game against Germany the pub was bursting at the seams,so clearly a lot of football fans do care. To me I see no conflict what so ever with club and country I spend a lot of time and money following City and though I rarely get to England games anymore I will always support the team. It was always a source of pride when City players got into the England side.

I was working down South during the 2010 World cup we all knocked off to watch the game against Germany the pub was bursting at the seams,so clearly a lot of football fans do care. To me I see no conflict what so ever with club and country I spend a lot of time and money following City and though I rarely get to England games anymore I will always support the team. It was always a source of pride when City players got into the England side.

exactly. it seems to be fashionable now for some reason when your club is successful to think supporting england is uncool... but most people despite whats said do both. I'll always follow city and england. its always great to see city players in the england team. i loved it a few years back when swp scored that goal against ukraine. people obviously care, the pubs are packed, the big screens in manchester are packed and I'm gonna bet if we got to a semi final about 20m people would watch it.

Funnily enough, fans of clubs outside the Premier League couldn't care less about the top four.

Yes I can understand that. Hopefully Bolton will be lucky enough to get bought by a wealthy owner only interested in making Bolton a great force in football and playing beautiful football at the same time.

Then you might change your mind about these nonsense friendly games that imo serve no purpose other than to fill the coffers of the F.A. and Wembley

Yes I can understand that. Hopefully Bolton will be lucky enough to get bought by a wealthy owner only interested in making Bolton a great force in football and playing beautiful football at the same time.

Then you might change your mind about these nonsense friendly games that imo serve no purpose other than to fill the coffers of the F.A. and Wembley
And get the England squad together before tournament games.

In the same week as the death of a former IRA terrorist being treated with far more compassion than he ever offered his victims, and on the same day as the murder of a British Policeman, as he fought valiantly to defend Parliamentary democracy,, we still get the boorish England chavs booing the German national anthem, and singing about World War Two.

A truly depressing week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.