Geronimo Rulli

A good point made in the 4th link (last comment):

'Another minor benefit is: Rulli doesn't have the psychological mindset that he's made it to City, he still feels he needs to work for something'

The only way this makes sense is if his market value is around 15 million right now.
That way we are mitigating the risk factor. Rulli doesn't want to be no.2 to Hart right now (understandably). So we sign a player who is worth 15million pounds for 7.5mill. We then sell him to Real for 5.8, hence our total outlay would be 1.7mill. So 1.7 mill is basically giving us a "right" to buy back the player for 13.3mill. Add the 1.7mill to 13.3mill and we get to his presumed value 15mill. So after a year or two years we either buy him for 15mill or we also have a 30% sell on clause for the 1.7mill we paid, which would mean he would have to be sold by Real to any club for more than 5.7mill for us to make a profit on him. In a way we are mitigating the risk either way.

What do you guys think?
I think it's a high chance this will happen. ARG's Olympic team should be one of the favorites and he's the starting GK. He has a particularly good tournament, his star rises teams get interested except he's ours/Sociedad's for the cheap. He has another great season in La Liga and he could be worth even more on top of them but then we can buy him back and he's still cheap for us vs 40-60-70M or something crazy next summer.

I wonder if there is an element of FFP work around If its an obligation to buy dont we book the fee this year when we will have the most spending and then when we buy him back that will be down the line when revenues are even higher and number of changes ins outs costs will be less as we will have benefied from 1 or 2 years of Pep

I wonder if there is an element of FFP work around If its an obligation to buy dont we book the fee this year when we will have the most spending and then when we buy him back that will be down the line when revenues are even higher and number of changes ins outs costs will be less as we will have benefied from 1 or 2 years of Pep

Fees ain't the problem its wages.

Anyone got a "lowlights" of him? Any keeper can look amazing based on their top moments, I'd be more interested in seeing his weaknesses or if he is prone to mistakes.

Saying that he looks a decent keeper. The deal seems complicated but low risk for high reward if he gets better as you might expect for a young keeper.

i assume one of the main reasons we are after him long term is that hes a "sweeper keeper" can anyone expand on that? how good is he with the ball at his feet? passing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.