Geronimo Rulli

What if Joe doesn't want to return to City, Pep or no Pep?
It would be the same as any other player who wanted to leave the club I imagine. We'd either sell or tell him he's under contract if we particularly wanted to keep him. Although I suspect if Pep did want to give him a chance and Joe threw it back in his face then Pep certainly wouldn't want to keep him. All moot anyway, Pep won't have him back.

We sold him with a buy back clause if his progress is good,it was a weird deal from the start,sold him for 7m euro's and until 2018 we can buy him back for 14m euro's,so 7m really and after that we would have to buy him at a high release clause,he is certainly keen to get here

I believe it is starting in 2018 not UNTIL...could be wrong.

I was struggling to get my head round it, thought it was a terrible deal but then I'm only looking at it with the hindsight of him looking immediately very good and is potentially wanting to buy him fairly soon. I suppose atvthe point of the deal and not knowing what he would be like, it was essentially 3m euros profit for not very much effort.
Closer to 2m, we paid Maldonado £4m Sterling, might have been 1.5 on exchange rates at the time, but for fuck all really, we've no shortage of hard cash with HRH and 40% margin on a short term loan is great business even if we didn't sign him.

They were signing him if they had the cash, we basically subbed them for the transfer in return for a low buyback clause. Builds connections with a good Spanish club for us and we got to keep control of a transfer target, but he wasn't ready to come here in the summer and has come on leaps and bounds. As for loaning him there? The system we used isn't bad, gives them a financial stake in the player which most of our loanee clubs don't have.
I think we'll see a lot more of this type of deal going forward. This is how the big Spanish and Italian clubs have been doing business for a few years now.

I think we'll see a lot more of this type of deal going forward. This is how the big Spanish and Italian clubs have been doing business for a few years now.
Agree, the sale with a fixed buyback is a good structure for promising young players who aren't getting much game time. If the club taking them has a financial stake in them it gives them a reason to invest in the player instead of using them as a squad filler.

Got beat near post. Looked confused while the player approached him from the right wing. Tbf it was a decent finish.

Got beat near post. Looked confused while the player approached him from the right wing. Tbf it was a decent finish.
It was a good bit of skill but Rulli didn't make himself big, in fact he seemed to make himself smaller if anything! I can't say I was too impressed with the corner just a few minutes before the goal where he came out but got nowhere near the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.