Gerry Gow

I remember Gerry almost cutting Arnold Muhren in half in the semi final against Ipswich, we never saw him again and went on to win the game. Hopefully he beats it.

This was one of my clearest memories from that semi final at Villa park - along with the goal of course.

Muhren couldn't believe that someone went into him as he did and as you say we was a complete passenger after that

Hope Gerry fights this the way he used to fight in games - all the best to him and his family

He's not had it easy recently, hope a few people and maybe some of the supporters' clubs can maybe do something for him.

I know he was extremely touched when he had a benefit down in Bristol the other year, and plenty Blues sent down messages.

Reading these great messages of support.....Makes me think that we could done with Gerry on Sunday, he we wouldn't have accepted the gutless performances served up by some. Keep fighting GG

Couldn't have put it better myself LB.
Massive respect and GG was an inspiration to me and how I wanted my team mates and subsequently my son to play, played with his heart on his sleeve.
Good luck GG you can beat this.

This was one of my clearest memories from that semi final at Villa park - along with the goal of course.

Muhren couldn't believe that someone went into him as he did and as you say we was a complete passenger after that

Hope Gerry fights this the way he used to fight in games - all the best to him and his family

Me too...Muhren made them tick and Gerry fucking hammered him early doors. Of course you were allowed to get away with that a bit more in those days. After that I thought we had a chance,Ipswich were a top,top side in those days.

Is he on social media anywhere where we can get some messages to him anyone know?

Beat this thing as the true fighter you are GG, get better soon and thanks for all you did for us - a true warrior in the Mike Doyle mold!

Great memories of you in sky blue on the hallowed turn of Maine Road.

I remember having an after match pint in a boozer near the ground when we beat Peterborough away (Tommy the Nod header!) in 81 and on our way out walking up the road, we actually bumped into Bobby Mac, Hutch and GG who asked us where the nearest pub was, we directed them to the one we just left and i often wonder what the reception was like when they entered as it was rammed with blues.... Happy simple days!!

The turning point in the 81 final replay was when he was booked, up until that point he had bossed the midfield defensively, unfortunately he just backed off a little and allowed Ardilles space to get into the game.

That's not a critiscism, no one would want to be sent off in a cup final, more a reflection on his excellent performance during the whole season.

The 3 scots that came into the side that season transformed the team, unfortunately it was a false dawn and Bond didn't have the tactical nouse to kick on from there.

I'm really sad to hear the news about Gerry, he was my cult hero at the time, which was the last hurrah before the downward spiral.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.