Getting a VPN

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blue Maverick, 10 Jan 2018.

1. noblelord

noblelord

Me too

2. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

IT
    Private message @TCIB before you do anything ;)

3. better dead than red

better dead than red

I'm the same as you, a total novice. I've been doing a little research. You've probably seen this, but if not, it has helped educate me.

https://thebestvpn.com

4. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

Cheers mate I’ll have a look

5. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Mullvlad, vpn.ac, nord, all of these are considered high end vpn systems. There are others to like ipredator which was designed by the owners of tpb, very solid but it used to be expensive, not sure the cost these days.

6. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    I think you have to be very careful. I used to use Cactus but for torrents you had to use their Netherlands server. They assured me they kept no logs, but that did not sit comfortably, since by EU law they are legally required to keep logs for a European server. So either they were lying to me, or breaking the law, i.e. they are criminals. Either way, I didn't trust them.

I switched to Nord, who I think are a much better bet.

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

Could any Nord users tell me if they are able to connect(wifi router openvpn) to Play store on their mobiles? Play seems to be blocking access via VPN but I can't find anyone else discussing it which is odd.

8. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    You are likely using an ip from a country that is not allowed the play store you are trying to access. For example a .us ip can not connect to .uk play store. Make sure your using a server in the country whose play store you wish to connect to.

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

It's connected to a UK server(manchester one), so you're not experiencing the same I take it? I will just switch to a London one and see if that helps maybe, thanks for the reply.

10. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    How do the issues you've outlined there with Cactus, differ from Nord? Nord also claim not to keep logs (something to do with their Panamanian base?) - but they also have EU servers....what gives?