Ghoulam

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Cobwebcat, 9 Oct 2017.

1. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

2. Easy

Easy

City eyeing cut-price £3m January deal for Napoli FB Faouzi Ghoulam. He will be offered around £90k-a-week and hefty signing-on bonus. [Sun]

3. Easy

Easy

haha 3m, definitely false.

We should pay 10m if necessary, a bargain and will most likely be the key to our title charge.

4. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

Retired
    It will depend on how Napoli do in the CL. If they are out of it by then, it might make the going easier, but nearer to £10 might oil the wheels a little bit more.

5. Barcon

Barcon

I don't know anything about him but the article says that he's one of the best left backs around.
    So how come he would cost so little?

6. Easy

Easy

Out of contract in the summer and is not planning on renewing, Napoli likely to cash in.

7. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

Retired
    We should be wary of these rumours as they come from The Daily Star, backed up by web sites Caughtoffside and the Bleacher Report. What is reported is that his contract expires in the summer and that makes him free to talk to other clubs in January. It is reported that City are to offer him £90k per week plus a "Healthy sign-on fee". He also wants to move away from Napoli to test himself as a member of a title chasing team like ours. Other than that, I'm as in the dark as the rest of us but his stats are reported to be the kind that impresses Pep. He will soon have the chance to sell himself to our fans.

8. Barcon

Barcon

Isn't 10 mill still ridiculously cheap though if he's that good?

9. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

Retired
    Well you are talking Italian clubs here. If they wanted one of ours, it would be a loan with us paying most of his wages.

10. Easy

Easy

Not really. No other club would pay close to that in January.

We are desperate and Delph is injury prone, Mendy out until April. I would say the price is more than fair. I mean he is a left back. Nobody is going to pay 20m for a left back that is out of contract in 6 months.