Girona FC 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portu wants to leave? He has been Girona's player of the season, in my opinion. Surely he can stay at an ambitious and growing club like Girona that are one position away from playing in europe.

As far as I know, he does not. But if a decent team offers triple the salary (some English team) or a team like Roma comes calling, I would found his departure really normal.

Absolutely a keeper.

After that, depends. It's possible for Portu to go to a better team, as he is doing a great season. So we would need a second striker, mobile and fast. Aleix García can do that role, but it is not ideal. Stuani may hold another season, and we broke the bank with Lozano. So no strikers.

The midfield is complete. Pere pons, Granell, Borja Garcia, are a good combo, albeit Borja García may be the weakest link. Timor is a good backup. And we don't have any more subs, barring Douglas Luiz and Aleix García. So, substitutes for midfield are required, if this two go away.

Defense, Mojica is a good left back, and Bernardo is a ok sub. Maffeo very good, Aday pretty good too. No need for a staring rb if Maffeo don't come next season. We have decent center backs, but a good signing wouldn't be too bad. So a cb would be a nice surprise.

I hope this year in first division we actually don't change much the team.

When you say a second striker is needed could you see Diaz or Foden potentially fill that role?

Well, Diaz seems fast. However, how is his end product? Portu has 11 goals in the league.
IMO Diaz and Foden wouldn't stand a chance against Pere Pons and Portu. No reason to loan youngsters to Girona, they're too strong. Bristol City (in case they stay in Championship) would be a much better experience if City decide to loan the kids out next season.

Excellent result, Garcia got another 30mins or so which is great. Maffeo didn't stand out but quitely went about his work and was solid.

Villarreal 0 - 2 Girona. Amazing away win against the odds. Girona are in a real fight for Europa League place, Machin has built a spectacular team.
Their new forward Anthony Lozano is doing well, scored his first goal for Girona today.

And I think Cristian Portu could've easily played as City's RW in the absence of Sterling.

They`re currently one point behind Villareal. If they continue their great form, they might reach the Europa League

First away win since September. About time. Important win, Villareal are shit without Bakambu, so real possibility to catch them. Eibar is on fire, expect them to finish ahead of us.

Edit: December, not September.

Last edited:
First away win since September. About time. Important win, Villareal are shit without Bakambu, so real possibility to catch them. Eibar is on fire, expect them to finish ahead of us.
Hopefully you make the top 6. I've watched a lot of Girona games this season, and you play great football. Very entertaining to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.