Girona FC (partnership)

How are fans of Girona taking this news ?

Not sure if back in our darker days that I would have welcomed the news of City becoming a feeder club for anybody.

I was at their promotion game against Zaragozo and had my City shirt on.
Went down well, plenty of people shaking my hand.
I think they have to be realistic, to stay up would be a wonderful achievement and I am sure they are glad of any help we can give them.
Plus Pep is a legend in Catalonia, he's at the forefront on their Independence movement and who knows he may go on to manage them some day.

It would actually be fantastic to help build a club into a regular La Liga side, irrespective of the bonus to our young players going there.

But it is going to be a huge bonus to the academy too.

It is looking far too successful potentially though, so surely David Gill & Co are working on potential rule changes right now.

A good youth prospect having a good season in LA Liga will also do wonders for his transfer value.

I guess it will but my own priority hope is to see a team made up from youths in as many positions as possible, it will be very good to see one day :)

I was at their promotion game against Zaragozo and had my City shirt on.
Went down well, plenty of people shaking my hand.
I think they have to be realistic, to stay up would be a wonderful achievement and I am sure they are glad of any help we can give them.
Plus Pep is a legend in Catalonia, he's at the forefront on their Independence movement and who knows he may go on to manage them some day.

Well that sounds good then, no point in making the natives restless after all :)

It is looking far too successful potentially though, so surely David Gill & Co are working on potential rule changes right now.

This has to be right. I fully expect, however, that our owners are well ahead of Gill & Co in their thinking. Especially after the shenanigans around FFP.

Three areas Gill must be plotting over right now are 1) group structures, tightening up the rules on inter-group transactions, 2) inter-club loans, probably limiting numbers a club can have out on loan at any given time and 3) academies, limiting numbers and incentives.

We've already fallen foul of number 3 but, and herein lies Gill's problem, so have Liverpool. He won't get support from Chelsea for number 2 and i'm not sure how much support he'd get for number 1from continental teams.

He must be tearing his hair out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.