Girona FC (partnership)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueDejong, 12 Aug 2015.

1. Latics Fan SJK

Latics Fan SJK

Girona are heading to Boundary Park to face us in a friendly if it's of any interest to you guys. I'd imagine there'll be a few familiar faces in terms of loanees at Girona and they'll probably appreciate the added numbers in the away end (as we would for our own coffers, obviously...)

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Do you have the date of the game please pal?

3. The Footy Diary

The Footy Diary

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

'Almost' basically means CFG won't be an official controlling entity, it [presumably] solves the problems with participating in European competitions.

5. cadds92

cadds92

I don't get the feeling anyway that City want to try and turn Girona into a La Liga powerhouse, more a place in which we can use to send promising youngsters from the academy and players coming from South America who might not necessarily be ready or available for a British work permit.

As long as we can keep the club alive and competitive in La Liga I think everyone will be satisfied.

6. Wilmslow Road

Wilmslow Road

Exactly, I don't think we need to bother about them playing in Europe.
    Staying up will be a daunting task.

7. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

Exactly this. Under no circumstances would we want to turn them into serious contenders... because then our 7 or 8 kids wouldn't be able to get a game, defeating the point!

8. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

But..but..but...why would they use the word Manchester??

MANCHESTER - The City of CITY.

9. BJL_City

BJL_City

well, shouldn't the kids hopefully end up good enough to put them there anyway?

That should be the calibre. If it's a team of 7 or 8 kids they should be getting to a level where they're challenging which would show they're good enough for us.

10. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Girona will (hopefully) have a reserve team in Segunda in 2 years, it will allow to move players between divisions to offer them better practice. It's impossible to stay in La Liga regularly playing 7 youngsters.