Girona FC (partnership)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueDejong, 12 Aug 2015.

1. BJL_City

BJL_City

not at the same time, every game, no. But Dortmund and Monaco are doing fine blending a lot of youth in. Maybe Girona will rival them in a few years in buying some great young talent themselves and selling the best onto us, whilst blooding some of our own youth.

2. bluetaco

bluetaco

Just out of curiosity, why are there such rules of a company not being able to control 2 clubs in Europe?

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

As I assume, there's no such rule. What's prohibited is having 2 teams in one competition (CL for example) for obvious reasons (matchfixing etc). Another problem is that a controlling entity in attempt to avoid such interference can secretly ask one of the clubs to play worse, missing European qualification.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
  4. bluetaco

bluetaco

Oh right I misunderstood thank you

5. citizenyank76

citizenyank76

Guess we don't have to worry about our loans getting playing time in a decent league.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Correct :-) Now we just need to make sure Girona and Breda in Holland stay up and establish themselves in their respective leagues.

7. kun

kun

No one can own majority stakes in more than one club in the same competition. Of course, there is the possibility of City and Girona meeting in European competition later down the line. I imagine City Football Group will buy a minority stake 40-ish%, with Pere Guardiola's agency, Media Base, buying up the majority sharehold.

8. Wilmslow Road

Wilmslow Road

Just heard we are resigning Caceido from Espanyol for 3m Euros and he's going straight to Girona.

9. FCBarca

FCBarca

Would be a good signing for Girona, he is a beast - talent there but ultimately dirty, IMHO

10. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

Hope that is true - always liked big Phil, even if he was a bit shit. Never seemed to have control of his limbs. Particularly remember a bad miss in the Hamburg home game when we needed one goal for extra time but he wasn't the only one guilty of missing a chance that night.

I'll definitely be making a trip to see Girona at some point and may pay attention if they're on the box.

When are the fixtures out?