Girona - Post match Thread

Monday night is what matters. Slight concern over our finishing.
Slight concern, only slight, that was piss poor to sum tune,getting a bit worried about how much pep pisses about with the players, he has been with us long enough to know who can do what and where the best position suits em, never seen a city forward line fall down as much in 70 years, to many larry graysons . !!

I watched the first half and fast forwarded through the second as it was crap. As others have already said, the idea of these games is for fringe players to show what they can do. If I was in that position I would work my bollocksoff. Few on the pitch did this and played the slow pace and appeared reluctant to take a shot on goal. The squad does not look as strong as some make out.

The benefit of this game was rising the fitness of our players and enjoying watching Maffeo and Douglas Luiz

Of course it was only an exhibition match, and of course we should not read too much into it, etc etc etc.

But notwithstanding all the caveats, my god that was awful. The positives were that Bravo made 2 saves, arguably more than in any previous game for us; Mangala looked OK and we got to see Gundogan back.

But everything else varied from meh to downright shocking. Foden and Diaz looked woefully out of their depth. More worrying, Silva had a total mare, just dreadful.

Toure looked like man against boys, which I guess is because he is, and they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.