Girona - Post match Thread

That Brazilian lad we loaned them looks the absolute part, eh?

Great game for Maffeo too.

For our lot, it allowed them to work on the first touch in a game that meant nothing, so good run out to bring them up to speed.

Both looked good and it looks like we have got another Brazilian steal.

Fully expecting Pep to realise 3-5-2 will only suit us in a handful of games, perhaps against the top 5 or 6, away from home. It disadvantages us in our key area of strength (the flanks!). Instead we could have Sane, Jesus/Sterling/B.Silva Walker and Mendy/Danilo all running at fullbacks.

Nothing wrong with the formation. There's nothing really to read into the game as so many players were playing together for the first time, and others were building fitness.

The players on loan looked good. Gundogan and Mangala looked good. Jesus looked a little sharper. Roll on Monday.

was looking forward to seeing Mendy in this game after seeing he was training but I suppose I can wait. But honestly I thought the best player on the pitch was Pablo Maffeo, we need to make sure he stays with us. Looks a great young player and is home grown.

To be honest its not the nature of the result in Girona but the way the team is being set up which worries me.

Were inviting teams to defend deep and and by not playing wingers like last year the play is becoming more congested in central areas which further negates the effective of our creative 8s.

I said this prior to the season starting in Wallya tactics thread, it was the wrong way to go, and what I have seen so far mirrors my concerns. Just think were limiting the effectiveness of the side currently and playing with the brake on.
This!

You were always going to "enjoy" the game though were you not ?

That was apparent with your comment back to me in the thread before the match started,where I claimed it was a load of shite match to have,and best thing we could hope for was not to suffer any injuries,how bizarre was the response you gave me,and now in your post match analysis..................well,yea you are right when you say you watched a different game
Sorry mate, meant to reply the other day. Big enough to admit you were right with regards the "no injuries" part, I thought it'd be a kick about but it was anything but that, and we were lucky to suffer no injuries. Stick by my comment though about enjoying the game, thought it was a bloody good workout for a fair few of the lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.