Girona - Post match Thread

Training exercise. City not incisive enough. Passing not good enough. Although, TBF, they fouled us whenever we looked dangerous. Some useful minutes though for some of the players.

Tad unfortunate on their goal due to Sane slipping.

Bernado should have equalised.

Don't appear to have picked any injuries up.

It was another case of the one chance one goal we've suffered for the past 5 years.

Remember us beating Barcelona in a friendly with a piss poor team
I remember Ireland taking Messi out. Glorious.

And Petrov! The good times.

What was the score?
1-0 Girona. Only caught the 2nd half but we looked disjointed and slow in the buildup. A lot like Pelegrini's 3rd season. But after all the acquisitions, this team has to play faster. I don't care who started or didn't. The play has to be quicker. Enough with slow cooker football. Move it forward quickly and the attackers have to take players on. Enough with the boring slow stuff.

Main things to take from that;

First and foremost, Sane absolutely cannot play wingback and looked dreadful there.

Mangala was our best player, did his job very efficiently and covered for Sane too. Really hope he stays, could turn out to be vital for us in certain games against long ball merchants that have a team of brutes, i.e United. If he's kept i think he could prove to be this seasons Yaya, obviously different circumstances but the same kind of impact from Pep not really wanting him at the start of the season to him playing a big role in our season.

Tosin looked alright, wouldn't be entirely comfortably with him starting in the league just yet though but as 5th cover he's sufficient. Cup games for him this season.

A lot of people seemed to be very impressed with Bernardo, didn't really see that today, some good signs but i thought he looked a bit off the pace yet which is to be expected given his late comeback. He'll probably be eased into games, wouldn't be overly surprised if he didn't start until the league cup.

We need shooting practice

Anybody blaming Bravo for the goal (and i've seen a good amount already) need to get a grip

Quite telling that certain players didn't get on the pitch. Namely Zinchenko and Roberts. Almost certainly suggests their futures are not with us for this season at least

Luiz looked very tidy and dynamic for them, defo worth keeping an eye on him this season. Maffeo looked very good too, remains to be seen how much of that was due to just how clueless Leroy was in that position though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.