Give Hughes a better contract!

bluemoon73 said:
well if we are stuck with him he needs a massive clearout because these lazy shites dont seem to want to play for him

Clearly it's easier to sack the whole squad rather than get a top-class manager in who is actually capable of working with the existing players.

cleggy1966 said:
That's what I thought too, although to be fair, apparently the deal was rubber stamped by Hughes. And point taken on Robbie, it's probably stretching things ot say he was a Hughes signing.

It probably was. I also read a month or so back that only SWP was down to Hughes. Zabs and Kompany where pre-Hughes targets. Thing is I don't really care and I am not sure why anyone else cares. Irrespective of who targetted them first I have no doubt that Hughes was consulted and knew the players anyway and said great. Robinho is a different case altogether because he wasn't on anyones list save ADUG's

But as I said I don't really care just as I didn't care who was behind Sven's signings last year.

Hughes wanted Zab at Blackburn, so I'm pretty sure that he was a Hughes signing. I also seem to remember he wanted Kompany aswell, not as sure on that one though.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

There are only five or six players in the squad at the moment who will still be on the books in 18 months time.

If we are going to be challenging for the games top honours, we need top quality players, and how many players at the club at the moment are good enough to take us there?

To put it another way, how many players would get regular games at Chelsea or United?

The stated aim of the owner is to make us compete with the worlds best teams on a regular basis, and there are not that many players at City who will take us there at the moment.

The manager knows this, and if some of the current crop don't like it and go home in a bad mood after having had a sulk on the pitch, then they don't have the required mentality to get us, and the owner, where we want to be.

I read recently that some of the younger players are scared of MH, that he is aloof, hard to talk to.

Dare I say that Baconface has employed those tactics for decades, and it has'nt done him much harm!

And at the end of the day, do I really care about some sulking primadonna earning millions every year getting the hump because he can't take a penalty, when I work my balls off to pay to watch it.

No, not a chance. Ship them out and lets get some success. They are millionaires. I am a fan earning as much in a year as they earn in a day!

If they play their hearts out on the pitch, and they try, then fair enough. But I don't want to watch a group of average, overpaid donkeys taking the piss, which is what I feel at the moment.

And as for Mark Hughes, I think he knows this. Lets back him up.

Success is overdue at this club.

I know I'm having a grumble, but the players don't seem to care at the moment, and it's time we got some who do!

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

There are only five or six players in the squad at the moment who will still be on the books in 18 months time.

If we are going to be challenging for the games top honours, we need top quality players, and how many players at the club at the moment are good enough to take us there?

To put it another way, how many players would get regular games at Chelsea or United?

The stated aim of the owner is to make us compete with the worlds best teams on a regular basis, and there are not that many players at City who will take us there at the moment.

The manager knows this, and if some of the current crop don't like it and go home in a bad mood after having had a sulk on the pitch, then they don't have the required mentality to get us, and the owner, where we want to be.

I read recently that some of the younger players are scared of MH, that he is aloof, hard to talk to.

Dare I say that Baconface has employed those tactics for decades, and it has'nt done him much harm!

And at the end of the day, do I really care about some sulking primadonna earning millions every year getting the hump because he can't take a penalty, when I work my balls off to pay to watch it.

No, not a chance. Ship them out and lets get some success. They are millionaires. I am a fan earning as much in a year as they earn in a day!

If they play their hearts out on the pitch, and they try, then fair enough. But I don't want to watch a group of average, overpaid donkeys taking the piss, which is what I feel at the moment.

And as for Mark Hughes, I think he knows this. Lets back him up.

Success is overdue at this club.

I know I'm having a grumble, but the players don't seem to care at the moment, and it's time we got some who do!

Agree with this.Good post.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

...I read recently that some of the younger players are scared of MH, that he is aloof, hard to talk to.

Again and for the umpteenth bleeding time Fergie does not just employ fear as a tactic and even less so these days. With the younger players Fergie nutures and encourages which is why they stay loyal to him. Yes he gives them a bollocking when they step out of line but on the whole he creates a positive enviroment

I swear some of you seem to think that man management is simply acting like Pol Pot in an especially grumpy mood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.