Give Hughes the chance to sort this **** out.

Money we have time we dont
My fear now is the drop i just think Hughes is going to be the bigest managerial flop in history
i hope not but is he the weak link surely the players we have should beat Forrest.
For me it keeps comeing back to the same problem MH I do want him to stay but i love City more

CBlue said:
ManCityX said:
..these 'certain players' weren't brought to the club by Hughes either. ...we need to look at some of the players we have and realise that they're just not good enough. Hughes knows this and to be honest I think he's surprised by some of the players who aren't at the level he expected when he took the job.
Another one who thinks Hughes took over on August 31st!! Wasn't this evident when Hughes took them to Germany for bootcamp? Pre-season friendlies? 1.5 months of competitive games? He was quoted today as saying that he knew from day 1 about our problems...so why the fuck has he not done anything to fix them?

Yes it was evident to him, hence the signings he could and did make before ADUG took over (SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta, TBH - Only TBH has been dogshit), which a few people suspect were funded by ADUG anyway. Frank wasn't exactly stumping up the cash before the mega amounts of cash we have came to us on deadline day.

Today we were missing SWP (taken off at 0-0), Robinho, Ireland and you could go a step further and say we were missing Petrov and Johnson as well. Excluding Elano (who has been average for a year now) these are our best creative players and we missed them all today. We don't have the players to replace them and because of that we end up with results like todays.
Petrov should never have been rushed back like he was & he certainly shouldn't have been released for International duty. Johnson was doing ok last year...has Hughes turned him to drink? If Elano is as big a problem as everyone makes out then why wasn't he sold in the summer? There would have been quite a few takers. It is clear to see, even for a blindman, that he isn't a Hughes type player (he tries to play football & keep possession).

Hughes couldn't deny Bulgaria of having Petrov as it was a qualifier, not a friendly. Jonno was rumoured to be on the sauce last season. Was Hughes turning up and buying him pints? Elano? Would you have sold off the fans favourite as soon as you came in during a time when the chairman wasn't who we have now and probably couldn't be trusted to front cash to buy a replacement? Are you hearing yourself?

I hate to name names and pick on individuals but **** it; Ball (bye bye), Gelson *shudders*, Vassell (you're a good guy, you're just no where near good enough), Caicedo etc and players who have been letting us down such as Dunne and Richards really need to buck their ideas up. We need a centre half and we need a left back, we've just solved the left back problem and now Hughes will probably look to the former problem and then decide who he's going to drop, Dunne or Richards. It's pretty much a toss of a coin as far as I'm concerned at the moment.
So you agree Hughes doesn't have the ability to manage players? Unfortunately for Hughes, we are now in a position to buy the best. The best are usually very strong minded & individualistic. If you can't handle this type of personality then you are fucked. Hughes wants to produce robots...he's a square peg in a round hole & it will only get worse (remember Cook talking about Hughes & his comfort zones?).

Where the fuck does he agree that Hughes doesn't have the ability to manage players. A strong case in point against that is Stephen Ireland. That guy's a loon, but Hughes seems to manage his 'type of personality'. Maybe if Hughes does get the players he wants and fucks off the ones he doesn't, then you might see how he fares.

Give Mark Hughes the chance to fix this. Sure he's made some odd decisions at times but I believe it's more to do with the lack of quality than anything else which sees us in the position we are now. If he hasn't bought a centre back, a striker and a defensive midfielder then it might be worth asking questions of him but for the moment I think he knows perfectly well what this side needs.
The only way Hughes can fix this is to "dumb down" expectations of the owners. Unfortunately, the owners have bigger expectations than to be knocked out of all domestic competitions at the first hurdle & battle for mid table mediocrity. This was his side that he kept/added to for an assault on Europe & the top 4 - he is clueless & out of his depth. He did fuck all before he joined us & done fuck all since (apart from turning us into an embarrassment which, for City, takes some doing).

You obviously just read what you want to read.

Hughes tactics do baffle me at times. I want him to come good. Don't know if he will. Yesterday didn't do him any favours with anyone, but at least a few heads have realised the shitness of a few of our players who enjoyed a great start to last season and nothing else. The players Hughes has brought in so far have proved more successful than not. Bridge signing obviously done to take care of one problem we have and a few more others should go through if half the stuff on here is true. I think if he sorts out the other problem areas, now that the window is finally open and he has some cash to do it and get players he wants, then we won't be in bad shape by the end of the season. Then the board can decide who we can get in or if Hughes should carry on.

Joycee Banercheck said:
CBlue said:
Another one who thinks Hughes took over on August 31st!! Wasn't this evident when Hughes took them to Germany for bootcamp? Pre-season friendlies? 1.5 months of competitive games? He was quoted today as saying that he knew from day 1 about our problems...so why the fuck has he not done anything to fix them?

Yes it was evident to him, hence the signings he could and did make before ADUG took over (SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta, TBH - Only TBH has been dogshit), which a few people suspect were funded by ADUG anyway. Frank wasn't exactly stumping up the cash before the mega amounts of cash we have came to us on deadline day.

Petrov should never have been rushed back like he was & he certainly shouldn't have been released for International duty. Johnson was doing ok last year...has Hughes turned him to drink? If Elano is as big a problem as everyone makes out then why wasn't he sold in the summer? There would have been quite a few takers. It is clear to see, even for a blindman, that he isn't a Hughes type player (he tries to play football & keep possession).

Hughes couldn't deny Bulgaria of having Petrov as it was a qualifier, not a friendly. Jonno was rumoured to be on the sauce last season. Was Hughes turning up and buying him pints? Elano? Would you have sold off the fans favourite as soon as you came in during a time when the chairman wasn't who we have now and probably couldn't be trusted to front cash to buy a replacement? Are you hearing yourself?

So you agree Hughes doesn't have the ability to manage players? Unfortunately for Hughes, we are now in a position to buy the best. The best are usually very strong minded & individualistic. If you can't handle this type of personality then you are fucked. Hughes wants to produce robots...he's a square peg in a round hole & it will only get worse (remember Cook talking about Hughes & his comfort zones?).

Where the fuck does he agree that Hughes doesn't have the ability to manage players. A strong case in point against that is Stephen Ireland. That guy's a loon, but Hughes seems to manage his 'type of personality'. Maybe if Hughes does get the players he wants and fucks off the ones he doesn't, then you might see how he fares.

The only way Hughes can fix this is to "dumb down" expectations of the owners. Unfortunately, the owners have bigger expectations than to be knocked out of all domestic competitions at the first hurdle & battle for mid table mediocrity. This was his side that he kept/added to for an assault on Europe & the top 4 - he is clueless & out of his depth. He did fuck all before he joined us & done fuck all since (apart from turning us into an embarrassment which, for City, takes some doing).

You obviously just read what you want to read.

Hughes tactics do baffle me at times. I want him to come good. Don't know if he will. Yesterday didn't do him any favours with anyone, but at least a few heads have realised the shitness of a few of our players who enjoyed a great start to last season and nothing else. The players Hughes has brought in so far have proved more successful than not. Bridge signing obviously done to take care of one problem we have and a few more others should go through if half the stuff on here is true. I think if he sorts out the other problem areas, now that the window is finally open and he has some cash to do it and get players he wants, then we won't be in bad shape by the end of the season. Then the board can decide who we can get in or if Hughes should carry on.
I just hope you are right and we dont run out of time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.