Giving up drinking

Watching the shite matches we watched in the 80's and 90's turned you in to a piss head you had to be drunk to watch it

Most Saturday nights revolve round alcohol for me. Most Saturdays we go out somewhere. If not with friends with family. In fact next Saturday I won't be out for the first time in ages but my wife is at York races. I'll still have a bottle of red.

I got back from holiday one year and could not shake off the bottle a night for a good few months. I stopped in the end as one bottle sometimes led to opening another. I'm slowing down now. I don't drink lager. Have all but cut out my favourite, Guinness.

If you're not enjoying it just stop, if you can. I no longer drink to excess. I went back to my mates after his 50th two weekends ago and drank only Coke from 1AM to 5. Felt great the next day after a long kip!

it's just sustaining the motivation that I struggle with.

Me too!

I cut down loads a year ago after a period of anxiety that really hit me hard and for which I still take tabs now. Maybe had a drink 1 or 2 nights and certainly less than 15 units or whatever the "safe limit" is supposed to be. Started walking and lost 2 stone in a short space of time. It has gradually been creeping back up in the last few months. I would say I'm back up to maybe 30 units a week now.

Im going to have another go at cutting it out.

Saying that my mum has been drinking 100 plus units a week for 35 years and is still going!

I gave up a long time ago after alcohol caused me lots of problems over many years (Arrests, criminal record etc)

Best thing I ever did ...for me and everyone else in Manchester. It can fuck your life up.

I go to the pub a maximum of four nights a week but have no more than three pints each time. I purposely go out late and mess around at home first with cooking or ironing. I just enjoy a pint.

There are some fellas in there who drink every night but they're so old that they don't care anymore.

Go on fizzy drinks. Have sex (if you can't find anyone go to a brothel with the money saved). Get a hobby you can obsess over.

Sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.