Giving up drinking

I can no longer handle the hangovers and the depressive hangovers so stopping has been very easy for me. In fact a necessity.

Didn't have drink for 12 weeks while ill and didnt miss it, might be different when football starts again oh and saved over a grand

Last edited:
I was drinking very heavily and am now teetotal and have been for a while. I'm currently enjoying a refreshing bottle of Becks Blue, a non-alcoholic lager.

Firstly, if want to give up but can't then you're an alcoholic. I know that sounds harsh but it is what it is. Alcoholics aren't defined by the amount they drink but instead their inability to stop it. If this sounds like you then asking your GP for a referral to a Drug and Alcohol Centre for an assessment. This sounds like a big deal but it isn't and it's worth doing if you're concerned about your drinking.

Most people think that advice doesn't apply because they're not a proper alcoholic, just a person who likes a bevvy. If that's true then you don't need advice to stop drinking any more than you don't need advice to stop eating chocolate. You just stop buying it. Simple.

On the other hand if this sounds like you then a referral will help, even if it's just to put together a proper structured plan for you to cut down over time. No touchy feely groups with long conversations necessary.

Feel free to message me if you need some pointers on how to go about stuff. I've been there and afterwards have worked with lads whose drinking went a bit mad for a while, so if you fancy a chat you can get me on a PM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.