Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Spot on mate. I think I saw your earlier information and that informed my post.

I agree with your points and believe we should pay our own way as far as possible. It's good news for the Club to be stable, financially.

I also think it links in with Bluemooners earlier posts about where our core support is. I was in the Naggs Head in Urmston a few weeks ago and a Blue said there's as many of us as them round here now. Likewise, I was working at Manchester airport a few years ago and a rag working for me from Stretford said it's half and in the Melville (that had been a rag den for as far as I can remember). Even Tameside had loads of rags not so long ago.

We need to encourage more people to be Blues and become season card holders like you said. Then the North stand expansion will follow.
Well they sold out last season so how do you do that.

Well it doesn't ring true to me. We averaged 54,018 in the league despite some of the most expensive match day tickets in football. MCFC and football is booming and we should be taking advantage of it while we can.

There are still value gold tickets for £299, never mind the £299 in the top of SS3.

Well they sold out last season so how do you do that.

By increasing the number of Blues on the waiting list in the first instance. Then there will be more affordable season cards available in an expanded North Stand.

To help increase the demand, hopefully we will get some home FA and League Cup games and offer very cheap tickets for these. That approach worked before when expanding the waiting list

That doesn't bode well for next season if we can't even shift the £299 season tickets.

I agree JRB, although the club did offer more Values Golds at the start of last season or the year before. IMHO, moren effort needs to go into building up interest both from the Club and possibly from us the fans too, if we want to see a full ground and an expanded stadium.

Well it doesn't ring true to me. We averaged 54,018 in the league despite some of the most expensive match day tickets in football. MCFC and football is booming and we should be taking advantage of it while we can.

But if there was demand / a need for it wouldn't you expect there to be a large waiting list then

Last edited:
I agree JRB, although the club did offer more Values Golds at the start of last season or the year before. IMHO, moren effort needs to go into building up interest both from the Club and possibly from us the fans too, if we want to see a full ground and an expanded stadium.
Maybe a bit chicken and egg, the initial waiting list was started after the expansion was announced and fans put themselves forward for cheap season tickets it soon got to the 8000 level , in the end a lot went to relocators from joes and 93:20 . We could have a situation were the club are waiting for the waiting list to grow, while fans are waiting for an announcement on an expansion with more cheaper season tockets before they comit £100 deposit to the waiting list.

Was thinking of buying my 18 year old a ticket. She goes to 7/8 a season but now she's no longer a student the prices will be gong up for her. If I get her on the waiting list now will she get a SC for this year or will she be too far down the list?

Maybe a bit chicken and egg, the initial waiting list was started after the expansion was announced and fans put themselves forward for cheap season tickets it soon got to the 8000 level , in the end a lot went to relocators from joes and 93:20 . We could have a situation were the club are waiting for the waiting list to grow, while fans are waiting for an announcement on an expansion with more cheaper season tockets before they comit £100 deposit to the waiting list.

Fair point blueparrot. That said, I think the Club had positive data from e.g. big crowds at FA Cup games (some of whom couldn't get league tickets on a regular basis) to justify announcing the South Stand expansion.

The club seem determined to push this narrative of City being the team of "East Manchester" for some reason.

There was a study on here with the postcodes of our season ticket holders, and the vast majority of our core fan base was in South Manchester; Moss Side, Fallowfield, Burnage, Withington, Longsight, Levenshulme, Didsbury, Wythenshawe etc. I'd personally consider North Manchester more of a United heartland, other than Prestwich and Whitefield.
There are loads of City SC holders from Timperley n'all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.