Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Maybe a bit chicken and egg, the initial waiting list was started after the expansion was announced and fans put themselves forward for cheap season tickets it soon got to the 8000 level , in the end a lot went to relocators from joes and 93:20 . We could have a situation were the club are waiting for the waiting list to grow, while fans are waiting for an announcement on an expansion with more cheaper season tockets before they comit £100 deposit to the waiting list.
If the waiting list really was a factor I think they'd be promoting it a lot more than they are doing, and talking about the prospects of a new stand. I get the feeling it's very much on the back burner now.

i know mate...but dont kid yourself that salford is blue....i dont know one blue pub now my 2 locals shut and there is one blue in my lads football team and abot 5 in his whole school

I try not to kid myself about anything 8-) but Salford isnt all rags.

Boothstown British legion has about 25 blues go in to watch away games at least on the odd occasion I go in when i cant get to an away game.

Yeh I'd say they're all blue areas except for Sale which I'd consider red. Pretty sure on the last study I read it said Cheadle was City's area with the most season tickets, and Sale was United's. I'm sure that's also a reflection that they're slightly wealthier areas than the other Manchester suburbs you listed.

I guess the point I'm making is that I'd consider City's heartland as south Manchester and east Manchester. But the club seem to have forgotten the south Manchester roots we had for 80 odd years.

Unless they're classing Trafford as "west Manchester" and the city of Manchester itself as "east Manchester". But to me east Manchster is Droylsdon, Clayton, Tameside basically. I know there are loads of blues up that way, but there's equally loads in Fallowfield, Moss Side, Didsbury, Longsight, Levenshulme, Bernage etc. Personally I'd consider those areas as south Manchester, but the club never seems to engage with those communities any more.

Wasn't the highest number of season ticket holders in the M34 postcode (Denton and Audenshaw), followed by M33 (Sale) in the last published breakdown? Will see if I can find it.

Any new pictures of this yet? Must be close to being finished.

2010-10-12-01-30-09-0917a.jpg

d20_16945237.jpg

By increasing the number of Blues on the waiting list in the first instance. Then there will be more affordable season cards available in an expanded North Stand.

To help increase the demand, hopefully we will get some home FA and League Cup games and offer very cheap tickets for these. That approach worked before when expanding the waiting list
My youngest lad and his mates will.only go to cup games now as league games so expensive

Wasn't the highest number of season ticket holders in the M34 postcode (Denton and Audenshaw), followed by M33 (Sale) in the last published breakdown? Will see if I can find it.
I was raised in Sale and we were heavily outnumbered however the blues I did know were all proper match goers whereas the rags all seem to be the type who would just go to the pub.

Yes droylsden, Hyde, Denton I would imagine are considered east manchester and like you say the others are south manchester.

It would be interesting to know if the demographic of blues in areas like Levenshulme, Whalley Range, Moss side has changed since the ground move.

Denton has traditionally been a very strong CITY town. The reserves ground was at Hatters Park for many years & was the catalyst for many fans.
My late Father formed the first City Supportes Club - Denton & organised a dozen coaches to Wembley in 55 & 56.
Ian Niven ran the Fletchers Arms which was very popular with many City players in the 60s & 70s.

Denton has traditionally been a very strong CITY town. The reserves ground was at Hatters Park for many years & was the catalyst for many fans.
My late Father formed the first City Supportes Club - Denton & organised a dozen coaches to Wembley in 55 & 56.
Ian Niven ran the Fletchers Arms which was very popular with many City players in the 60s & 70s.

I am pretty sure Gary James highlighted in one of his books how public transport influenced areas of support and probably family ties through generations have led to areas around Hyde/Maine Rd still maintaining a large City support.

I know for myself, as a kid, getting the 211 to Belle Vue and then walking from there or the 53 was quite an easy journey.

Fair play to your late father for all his efforts organising the movement of fans. Hope they never had priority for tickets though lol

Eccles is Blue, well I live there and I go to matches........................ so it must be Blue............... plus we take a coach load to every home match and quite a regular group to away matches..... So I've decided it's definitely Blue. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.