Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by didsburyblu, 10 Oct 2016.

1. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Same journey as my family made Frank.

We also used to get the coach from Reddish Essaldo when we lived in West End.

Did you know Pete Lockwood & Leapy Lee & that complete nutter Graham Finnigan from the Church Inn ?

2. manctheknife

manctheknife

It also highlights that despite the publicity, they are hardly queuing up for it are they?

3. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Doesn't surprise me that they're struggling to sell this. I went to the sales presentation in Abu Dhabi when they over here in February and the response from everyone was the same: it's way, way overpriced for what it is.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2017
  4. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i think we might end up with a wembley type situation. lots of empty seats behind the manager and not full for the less glamorous games.

5. UUJblue

UUJblue

That awkward moment when we are against the ropes and Pep turns round to pump up the crowd and is greeted by plastic seats and the nearest fan 100 yards away....

6. shaiomarali

shaiomarali

I remembered asking this before I think. I'm building a game room with selected City memorabilia and thinking of buying my seats from 126 and 127. Sat on 126 for 2 years and 127 1 year. What is the fate of the seats? Do I call the City management or will these be again be auctioned like the Maine Road seats?

I have a Maine Road seat and 2 more makes it an uncomfy futon.

7. franksinatra

franksinatra

Bit further along me CPB picking the bus up at Hyde bus station. I was making that route early 90s. Not aware of those names. We have certainly had our fair share of characters following us.

8. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Cheers Frank. I was in Denton from '52/'76.

Been involved in missionary work in Yaaaaaaaarkshire since them.

My Father would be spinning,a man of his time,he hated rags & tykes !!

9. Champions again in 2012

Champions again in 2012

I got a call earlier this week - invited to go and look at the glass tunnel - so I'm going at some point soon. I'd be interested to see it but I've already told the guys that my priority is saving up for my retirement, not spending a fortune on something i would not be able to justify to myself, let alone anybody else

10. UUJblue

UUJblue

I have been in these blocks since we moved to the Etihad, it would of been a lovely touch to have been sent my seats as a gesture for moving. I doubt they are keeping them for emergencies (broken seats, the CFA or eventually the extension).