Glass Tunnel now taking shape

This was always going to happen, take over or not, as the PL gets more money every club will be doing what they can to follow the American model, as we always seem to want to copy what is going on over the pond.

I think in years to come pretty much the whole bottom and middle tiers will be either fully or part-corporate. Look at the NFL, NBA, NHL etc. stadiums. You pay a premium for a good view, but for that you get to say you are in the "touchline club" or whatever where your seats will be padded and someone will come and deliver you hot dogs on demand. If you don't want to pay a premium you'll be up in the gods in the cheap seats.

It's totally wrong in my opinion as I'm a "working class fan" but that is where the PL is headed, not just us, Arsenal have been like this since the Emirates opened and Spurs new stadium is going the same way. Too many people prepared to pay for these "luxuries" for clubs not to take advantage of them, while we are left in the third tier asking "who scored that goal I can't see from here"

This was always going to happen, take over or not, as the PL gets more money every club will be doing what they can to follow the American model, as we always seem to want to copy what is going on over the pond.

I think in years to come pretty much the whole bottom and middle tiers will be either fully or part-corporate. Look at the NFL, NBA, NHL etc. stadiums. You pay a premium for a good view, but for that you get to say you are in the "touchline club" or whatever where your seats will be padded and someone will come and deliver you hot dogs on demand. If you don't want to pay a premium you'll be up in the gods in the cheap seats.

It's totally wrong in my opinion as I'm a "working class fan" but that is where the PL is headed, not just us, Arsenal have been like this since the Emirates opened and Spurs new stadium is going the same way. Too many people prepared to pay for these "luxuries" for clubs not to take advantage of them, while we are left in the third tier asking "who scored that goal I can't see from here"

My season card was for block 205 as close to the old corporates as you could get, then the letter came out saying that L2 would become a Premium experience and that the closer to the half way line your seat, the higher the premium
There was a lot of discussion on here at the time as it was also when North Standers were being chucked out for the new family stand
Garry Cooke then made a press release defending the decision and said L2 wasn't being turned into corporate (the lying ****)
My season card cost at the time was around £500 and because of where the seat is I knew it was going to become one of the more expensive, which it did, every season rising to the cost now of £1600.00+

I relocated out and have had a season card for five different seats since on L3 and L1
I'm now located in 104 on row W and when I look across to 105 I see that row W is padded seats, so I know if there is a change to more premium it will be a little lower in 105 and then into the area of 104 that I have a SC for
If that happens that is when I will give it up

17,500 plus vat for x10 seat table for the derby

might bang that on my bucket list.......................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.