Glass tunnel to changing rooms

here we go again with this stupid argument. i.e. we will go back to being shit if the club dont have corporate or charge higher prices.... absolutely no one is saying we shouldnt have these types of areas, but the club shouldnt be treating long term fans like shit.

if we didnt have a glass tunnel, your saying wed go back to swales era ? do you honestly believe that. or if we had say cheaper tickets the whole club would just collapse ?

Totally agree with you, but there's no arguing with people like that - they've pretty much been brainwashed.

Glad someone brought up FFP this is the cause of this, we need to make money just to stand still. Hopefully the club can sell the glass tunnel seats to high corporate companies that can hopefully keep the cost of my and many more down. We are in catch up mode, to the urinals, and probably Liverpool as they are also a tourist club. The London clubs due to the natural cost of leaving we probably Lag behind in revenue on match day. Teams like Everton will have the same issues as use if they become successful and increase capacity.

The owners will not pay our bills for ever! The money now has to be earned. Do some fans want us to go back to the 80s & 90s and have another Peter Swales running the club like a corner shop. I had to miss lots of games until I qualified for concession prices.
Lovely sentiments but we can still highlight an ill judged and unnecessary decision can't we?
A lot of fans inconvenienced for such a grossly overt act of corporate bulldozing over regular fans feelings.
That's not to undermine other commendable initiatives.

Last edited:
a utd mate at work who ive known since we were kids (40 yrs) reminded me tonight how i used to take the piss about their endless efforts to extract every penny poss from the working class fan, plastics a plenty spending a fortune in the club shop, we've gone one step further & i never thought to my dying day id say this but we've become worse than that trafford lot in choosing money over loyalty,it makes me fucking sick the way we're becoming, its still my city & it always will be but we're not the city i fell in love with
Yep sad to say but I don't feel that community loyalty vibe that our club was always about for me anymore. That seperated us from rags but it's all a bit bland nowadays with every club chasing the money. Long gone now.are the days of taking the piss out of Trafford library tourist centre etc. Actually feel a common ground with rag mates nowadays agreeing on stuff like this. Long term fans throughout the league feel alienated in general I think from their clubs so that common understanding means rivalries aren't anywhere near as tense or bitter as they should be, which creates the excitement and atmosphere fans thrive off.

Yes the Club is focussed on increasing income but do you seriously think we are worse than the rags. Have we turfed the families of the Munich Air Disaster out of their homes yet?

Even now the rags are turfing people out of cheap seats (rather than make room in the new Stand extension they are planning) to comply with the number of disabled seats they need.

Yet our club built a massive new stand without a single solitary disabled seat in it.

Maybe it's just me but will people really pay such a premium for a peak into the tunnel. That clip of the Rangers at MSG left me cold. I'd sooner go for a pie and a coffee and wait for the players to walk onto the pitch. There's no way I'd pay those astronomical prices to see the players 5 minutes before everyone else. I guess it's all about opinions and some people have money to burn I guess.

Maybe it's just me but will people really pay such a premium for a peak into the tunnel. That clip of the Rangers at MSG left me cold. I'd sooner go for a pie and a coffee and wait for the players to walk onto the pitch. There's no way I'd pay those astronomical prices to see the players 5 minutes before everyone else. I guess it's all about opinions and some people have money to burn I guess.

Some people will pay that premium, most won't. We have prices at all ranges from amongst the lowest in the premier, to amongst the highest and everything in between. I don't have a problem with the pricing though obviously more notice should have been given before the changes in this case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.