GM Mayor Homelessness Fund

Damocles

Administrator
Just a heads up that this exists and is taking donations. This is where that 15% a month of his salary that Burnham was talking about is going.

This is outside party politics and will go directly to preventing the homeless situation in Greater Manchester. Hopefully a few from here will stick in a quid, ten quid or whatever they can afford. I know it's a tough month financially for many but literally even a pound will help.

https://www.gofundme.com/gm-mayoral-fund

I will keep a close eye on this it looks like a very very good idea and as you say completely non partisan.

Is £1375 actually 15% of his salary? I thought the actual salary was around 100k?

Still...it's a fantastic cause and if it rehouses and helps the homeless rather than just moving them on then I'm all for any donation.

Edited...seems I misread it. That's his donation a month.

Good on him.

Very impressed and optimistic about the Mayor's plan for Homelessness. It really is a blight on our City and it is something we should be putting at the top of the list of things to focus on.

Seems a good idea to me. It's a very clear problem that's getting worse by the day in Manchester. In times of austerity it's difficult for local government to tackle this alone when there are so many cuts being made. I'm not completely comfortable with the idea that it should be left to charitable donations to sort this kind of thing out (at a time when our current government have used record levels of borrowing to subsidise tax cuts for the richest), however in the current climate i can't think of any better ideas. At least this is a specific fund to tackle a specific problem and people can chip in as they see fit and in the knowledge that know how their money is going to be used.

It would be quite far down my list of things to give money to but wish them good luck.

Nice touch and good PR from Mr Burnham as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.