Goal line technology

Chi-town blues

Why can't we use this technology to decide whether the ball has crossed the end line and above the post?
There is always controversial corner decision .
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Why can't we use this technology to decide weather the ball has crossed the end line and above the post?
There is always controversial corner decision .
Thoughts?

I would have thought we would be able to with the hawk eye cameras in the stadium and the ball does have a chip in it that would give accurate gps. Depends what the rulings are for referrals as the ball was above the crossbar rather than the ball passing the goal line underneath.

i think it's obvious that the same technology we use for goal/no goal should be used for ball in and out of play decisions. the technology is there, we (well, they) just choose not to allow it to be used.

The point is why did the official give a decision he could not possibly see. If decisions are honest you would rarely need it.

The more technology that is used the harder it is for corruption to occur. The technology has been around for a long time now but the powers that be seem strangely reluctant to introduce it. The liner yesterday couldn't have know whether the ball was in or out so why flag at all.

The more technology that is used the harder it is for corruption to occur. The technology has been around for a long time now but the powers that be seem strangely reluctant to introduce it. The liner yesterday couldn't have know whether the ball was in or out so why flag at all.

True, what happened to 'benefit of the doubt to the attacking team?".... fucking ridiculous

My bet is that there are images generated by this technology that cover the complete goal line from yesterday

He guessed that's as clear as day, yet they are taught not to give anything they didn't see, just like he didn't see the Walker push on Raheem

He guessed that's as clear as day, yet they are taught not to give anything they didn't see, just like he didn't see the Walker push on Raheem

This is my biggest problem with the decision too. Its so close that if he'd been looking along the line and said it had gone out you good forgive him. But he has made a call from an impossible angle and has no right to be making that decision

I would have thought we would be able to with the hawk eye cameras in the stadium and the ball does have a chip in it that would give accurate gps. Depends what the rulings are for referrals as the ball was above the crossbar rather than the ball passing the goal line underneath.
Exactly! Technology is there it's the matter of using it . I think they are afraid of getting exposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.