Goal line technology

What I meant was only goals or disallowed ones can be appealed against not throws ins or deflected corners etc. Football is not like rugby where virtually every try is double checked and it kills the game for me.An appeal option for a goal that a captain could employ would be the best solution I think.

i agree that's the starting point for the tech, it has to happen, as previously said too many decisions being made wrong

We don't want absolutely everything checking it would affect the flow too much but one each half would be a good comprise.
Appeals system is absolutely the last thing we should have.You either have VR technology, or you don't.
Let's just imagine that everything stayed the same on Sunday but City appealed for the penalty. On review, its given. Meanwhile, the 'goal' we score now cannot be appealed, so the whole world still knows the decision is wrong but nothing can be done about it. Then Arsenal appeal the Navas challenge and get their penalty. In that circumstance our best scenario is 1-0 up, our worst is 1-0 down and the most likely (given Yaya and Bravo were playing) is level. Without an appeals system available on Sunday, we went in level...

Appeals system is absolutely the last thing we should have.You either have VR technology, or you don't.
Let's just imagine that everything stayed the same on Sunday but City appealed for the penalty. On review, its given. Meanwhile, the 'goal' we score now cannot be appealed, so the whole world still knows the decision is wrong but nothing can be done about it. Then Arsenal appeal the Navas challenge and get their penalty. In that circumstance our best scenario is 1-0 up, our worst is 1-0 down and the most likely (given Yaya and Bravo were playing) is level. Without an appeals system available on Sunday, we went in level...

It might help if you read what I was saying. I am saying an appeals system that can be used for goal line situations like sunday or offsides only. Everything else there can be no appeals system because everything else is subjective, e.g. the penalties shouts or the non foul by Ya Ya which they eventually scored from !

The point is why did the official give a decision he could not possibly see. If decisions are honest you would rarely need it.

Eggfuckinzackly.
There is no way a linesman could've got that 'decision' right. So if he can't see it how can he give it, and what happened to giving the strikers the 'benefit of the doubt'?

More technology is not the answer though, and would ruin the game if you ask me. A possible solution that i've touted for a while is 4 linesmen, 1 in each half on both sides. Even then, it'd be almost impossible to get sundays call right but at least they'd be a hell of a lot closer.

I would have thought that any appeal system would work like in some other sports where you only lose your appeal if you are proved to be wrong. You can appeal as many times as you like as long as you were always correct.

I would have thought that any appeal system would work like in some other sports where you only lose your appeal if you are proved to be wrong. You can appeal as many times as you like as long as you were always correct.

Whether you use an appeal system or just let the ref team decide on what's reviewed, it just needs trying to see if it works.

If left to the refs, any dodginess will be obvious.

Eggfuckinzackly.
There is no way a linesman could've got that 'decision' right. So if he can't see it how can he give it, and what happened to giving the strikers the 'benefit of the doubt'?

More technology is not the answer though, and would ruin the game if you ask me. A possible solution that i've touted for a while is 4 linesmen, 1 in each half on both sides. Even then, it'd be almost impossible to get sundays call right but at least they'd be a hell of a lot closer.

a lot closer is not good enough, you know by viewing the video that was positioned along the line that it was not out by the laws of the game
use the tech to get the decisions correct, i don't see what problem there is, its a complete no brainer

a lot closer is not good enough, you know by viewing the video that was positioned along the line that it was not out by the laws of the game
use the tech to get the decisions correct, i don't see what problem there is, its a complete no brainer

A lot closer is good enough for me, and if they still can't see it and be 100% sure then they don't give it. I don't want the game to be 100% infallible.

A lot closer is good enough for me, and if they still can't see it and be 100% sure then they don't give it. I don't want the game to be 100% infallible.

For me this is going to be the biggest thing when video replays come in. The play must come to a definite conclusion i.e. 100% obvious foul, offside, ball out of play/ hitting the net etc etc. Imagine the problems if in the last minute of a big final the linesman flags for offside or for ball out so the defence stops and the ball ends up in the net. On replay it's shown to be onside or in play. The attackers say "goal" the defenders say "we stopped because of the flag". Imagine the farce of having to come back at a later date to play a final again.
People say players will have to learn to ignore the flag and play on. I have my doubts about this beacuse we all seen a lot of players/teams can't even do this at the moment for an non-head injury, for like 30 seconds half stop playing then eventually a player sees half have stopped and thinks "fuck it" and kicks it out. Despite the fact they have been told to play on for a non-head injury unless the ref stops the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.