Goalline and Other Technology

goal line technology as in some sort of chip in ball, although not sure how the rule would work with all the ball over the line rule?

apart from that, not sure...

you can't stop the game, that would kill football. penalty decisions, it'd just end badly in my opinion because you need 3/4 replays in my opinion at times, lasting 20/30 seconds to see whether it was definite penalty etc...football is so quick that other things can happen.

If you look at Rugby and Cricket, the game is ALREADY stopped before making decisions. with football, it's just not the case.

Only thing you can think of is review for goals that are given that could have been offside, because the game is naturally stopped for 30/40 seconds because celebrations.

For me, technology has to come in for when the game stops or instant information (like goal line technology)...you can't put technology in for moments when the game is live./

Goal line technology only. All other decisions must remain with the ref regardless how good or bad they are as this would affect the flow of the game.

davymcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
What happens if a player puts it over from underneath the crossbar? Does that mean they can appeal to have another go?

Human error is part of the game whether you're a player or an official.
thats a crazy comparison. if tevez goes through in the last minute at wembley and slams it in off the bar and sends us all mad only for the ref not to give it we would all be devastated. human error in all sports is fine when it comes down to the players but it would make it a much fairer playing field if the ref could use the technology thats available to him.

if this happens some fucker will die.... and i'm serious.

i'm all for chip in the ball that sets off a buzzer the ref can hear when it enters the goal and even time keeping by a stop watch off the pitch (you would need to shorten games to 80 mins tho ) but as for video refs its gotta be no in sports that use them play has already naturally stopped and how far back do you go? cos a free kick wrongly awarded in the middle of the pitch two mins later cud result in a goal plus i watch a bit of rugby and even with video refs you still get managers/fans blaming refs for their team losing sometimes rightly

Goal line only as the ball crossing the line is the only thing that definately changes the game..all other decisions arguably change the game but thats part of the beauty of post match discussion.

Villan10 said:
goal line technology as in some sort of chip in ball, although not sure how the rule would work with all the ball over the line rule?

you can't stop the game, that would kill football. penalty decisions, it'd just end badly in my opinion because you need 3/4 replays in my opinion at times, lasting 20/30 seconds to see whether it was definite penalty etc...football is so quick that other things can happen.

If you look at Rugby and Cricket, the game is ALREADY stopped before making decisions. with football, it's just not the case.

Only thing you can think of is review for goals that are given that could have been offside, because the game is naturally stopped for 30/40 seconds because celebrations.

For me, technology has to come in for when the game stops or instant information (like goal line technology)...you can't put technology in for moments when the game is live./

I agree with this. In rugby for example if a try is being queried then the game has stopped anyway, don't see how it could work in football.

kalouk said:
Villan10 said:

I agree with this. In rugby for example if a try is being queried then the game has stopped anyway, don't see how it could work in football.

Agreed.

Even with goalline technology, how many chips would be needed in the ball to ensure that the whole of the ball crossed the whole of the line?

Im out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.