Going Abroad on your own

Haha love it TCIB. Only problem is I have a body like Luke Shaw and a face like Phil Jones, and the women magnet Charisma of Paul Scholes

On a serious note glad I did it. Fuck it and cheers fellas

Have no fear buddy, there's someone for everyone in Mallorca. Even fat ugly fuckers ;)

Would you/Have you done it?

Reason I say is split up last year and haven't met anyone new. Also got made redundant and moves back to Manchester. My new job means that I only have a set number of holidays to take.

Now looking at it. I can get cheap flight car hire etc and just fancy a bit of sun.

Is it fucking wierd spending (6) days away on your own? Anyone done it?
No not weird at all, I don't, but know someone who does it regularly. I would gladly do it if I was single

I went to Goa for six months and ended up with a Bollywood dancer for three of them.

I'm gorgeous though, a raconteur, can sing and play guitar, but you will still find someone. :)

Never doubt. :)

Did she spend the other three hiding behind a tree?

No, she had the last three. I had a three month intensive interview process with various applicants, and she who I met on New Year's Eve got the job.

Travelling alone is ok, think your own thoughts and do what you like within reason.
You could have a fantastic time or it could be a bit dull.
A couple of things, any hint of trouble, wherrever you are, drink up and leave, don't get involved.
Be friendly with people but don't get involved in any drinking games, make an excuse and leave. Stay in control.
Also, I never take all my shekels out with me, just what I think I might need for the night + 10,% , I leave the rest back at the hotel.
I have done a fair bit of travelling solo, I try not to annoy the rest of the world and hope that it doesn't interfere with me. I have had the odd thing stolen, but very trivial really(a couple of t - shirts) I also got scammed once for about £25 (quite clever it was).
So go, be a bit streetwise and stay in control.
Have a great time.

Decent advice, stay in control and you can't go wrong. That is the good thing about travelling alone, you can just get up and walk out and do your own shit if you're not feeling something.

I've got a missus but travelled alone the past 2 summers, was with a mate for part of the second trip though. I openly prefer travelling alone, I meet more people and you can cut the friendship before it gets messy and just have good times. Plenty out there to see, and no one to tell you what to do, it forces you out of your comfort zone.

Our 32 year old daughter goes regularly by herself and over the past 2 years has been to Thailand,Vietnam, and all over Europe travelling in her camper van.However she is far from being a loner and has made some wonderful friends from all over the world and would not have it any other way.
1) Is that all in code?
2) If so, I'm sure she has made some wonderful "friends!"
3) Which way does she like to have it?

(Sorry mate, I'm sure she a wonderful, beautiful, outstanding daughter who is far from my portrayal, but a female, alone, Vietnam, Thailand, and bringing her own mobile bedroom while in Europe?! Couldn't resist!)

Been to Berlin twice on my own to watch New Order. First time I met 2 ladies (One from Eccles and the other from Prestwich) and ended up in the Waterside club till about 6am.
2nd time was the day we played the rags at the swamp last year. Watched the match in some Irish pub which happened to be the official home of the Berlin MUFC supporters club. Met a woman who was originally from Newton Heath and her son (both blues). We ended up bladderd and singing at the top of our voices in a room full of German rags. How we did not get done in after singing Ryan Giggs is illegitimate, I have no idea.

Just recently been to Munich to watch Depeche Mode at the Olympic stadium.

None of my mates would go to anything like this. My only option is to do it on my own or sit at home wishing I had gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.