Golden Boy 2016(Renato Sanches)

Crazy way to decide, I would not vote as I have not seen hardly any of these players.

The stand out name is Sanches, European Champion winner and very highly rated.

Should be voted for by a panel of experts not online with a lot of club bias

No poll with that one,its names in the pot.

don't they just love to label everything the best in the world over the road the daft c*nts don't even know that manchester city have been the best team from the northwest for 4 seasons

Appears to be just an opinion poll from one of the papers who has a vote in the outcome.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_(award)

The prize was established by Italian sports newspaper Tuttosport in 2003. Newspapers that now participate in voting include Bild (Germany), Blick(Switzerland), A Bola (Portugal), l'Équipe(France), France Football (France),Marca (Spain), Mundo Deportivo(Spain), Ta Nea (Greece), Sport Express(Russia), De Telegraaf (Netherlands), and The Times (United Kingdom). Each juror is allowed to nominate five players, the juror will allocate 10 points to the player that they perceive as the most impressive, 7 for second, 5 third, 3 fourth, and 1 point for fifth most impressive.

Rashford and Iwobi definitley don't deserve it, but I'd argue Ntcham and Iheanacho don't really either. Alli at a push might be in with a shout but I'm reluctant to give that vile little shit any reward if I can help it, especially after a dreadful Euros.

Renato Sanches is surely favorite to win, given that he broke into the Benfica first team at such an early age and became pivotal in them winning the title. The Euro's was probably the cherry on top of his season, along with a £50m move or whatever it was.

Great to see Kelechi nominated but I think it's a year too early for him, he only played a handful of games last year and (through no fault of his own) didn't really contribute to us doing anything of note, same goes for the likes of Rashford and Iwobi (unless getting 5th for "the biggest team in the world" is an achievement). To quote every dipper fan, I think this could be Kelechi's year, playing backup to Sergio for a full season and the way we're playing, he could do some serious damage.

Just noticed that Danilo Barbosa is on that list of nominees, which pretty much undermines the entire thing. He was dreadful last year in a dreadful Valencia side, I can only assume his agent Mendes has somehow managed to get his name on that list as there is sure as shit no way he has played his way onto it

How good is this Gianluigi Donnarumma? I had to google the name, earmarked as the worthy successor to Buffon. I assume because this is an Italian paper, he will win this by a margin.

Iheanacho definitely deserves in the shortlist. Out of those players listed in attacking positions, Iheanacho has the best conversion rate in his football career far beyond Ashford, Sanches or Iwobi and every single player in that list, and he doesn't start that many games either! His goals per minute ratio will be far better. A striker's main role is to strike for a goal. None of this 'more rounded player' lark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.