Golden Glove Race 2017/18

And just thinking on from my point above; there's too much emphasis on defending to succeed in this sport at present for me. Look at the amount of teams who just come and defend, not just against us, but even in a game like West Ham v West Brom, for example. Plus all the other team in this league not matter who they play.

Fair play to Arsenal in the last few weeks have had the two best games i've seen all season against Liverpool and Chelsea with both teams going at each other all game. It was a joy to watch.

I think there should be more emphasis and rewarding of attacking and scoring goals than not conceding them! Goals conceded should come as an afterthought to all other stats and rewards.

Since the difference in money for finishing 1st compared to finishing 10th is on the low side I think they should half final positional award and assign the other half to goals scored instead. It won't have a big effect on the top but the lower half teams have the potential to make more money than their rivals by playing attacking football.

As he wasn't beaten for the time he was on I think the game should count to his total.

Afterall a cup draw can be classed as a win so why shouldn't 30 mins count as a clean sheet.
Because he doesn't. If anyone deserves to get it it's Bravo as he spent more time on the pitch.

Because he doesn't. If anyone deserves to get it it's Bravo as he spent more time on the pitch.

I'd argue Ederson deserves it because he actually had a save to make and it was his bravery that effectively blunted Liverpool's attack for the remainder of the game.

I'd argue Ederson deserves it because he actually had a save to make and it was his bravery that effectively blunted Liverpool's attack for the remainder of the game.
Mate the rules the statisticians use say he doesn't get it so he doesn't get it. End of story, there's no subjective part about getting kicked in the head.

Mate the rules the statisticians use say he doesn't get it so he doesn't get it. End of story, there's no subjective part about getting kicked in the head.

I'm fully aware of that, I was merely contending that if anyone deserves it from the two its Ederson rather than Bravo.

I agree. And it's impossible to quantify a keeper's importance outside of just shot stopping.

Ederson is clearly a top keeper & it is certainly not easy to pull saves out of the bag, like he does, when he's barely even touching the ball with his hands for huge parts of the game. But his contribution to City is enormous & we would not be the same team, with DeGea in goal.

But if you look at teams like Burnley & Utd, without brilliant goalkeeping, rescuing them at key moments, even in games where they were 'on top' they would be 15 points worse off, wheras Liverpool, with the same heroics, would probably be 2nd.

It's a daft award in its present state & should be purely a 'shotstopper' award, perhaps with a panel of ex keepers, to rule out 'easy' saves as being counted & rate the difficulty of the saves made.
Yeah that would be a good way to do it.

Since the difference in money for finishing 1st compared to finishing 10th is on the low side I think they should half final positional award and assign the other half to goals scored instead. It won't have a big effect on the top but the lower half teams have the potential to make more money than their rivals by playing attacking football.
Indeed, great idea.

This boy is incredible and is quickly turning in to a city hero. Genuinely like playing with 11 top quality outfield players which gives us a huge advantage but he is more than competent when he is required from a strictly goalkeeping point of view. I’m sure he will make mistakes given the risks he takes but I love the confidence and he will get us out of a lot of situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.