Golden Glove Race 2017/18

And just thinking on from my point above; there's too much emphasis on defending to succeed in this sport at present for me. Look at the amount of teams who just come and defend, not just against us, but even in a game like West Ham v West Brom, for example. Plus all the other team in this league not matter who they play.

Fair play to Arsenal in the last few weeks have had the two best games i've seen all season against Liverpool and Chelsea with both teams going at each other all game. It was a joy to watch.

I think there should be more emphasis and rewarding of attacking and scoring goals than not conceding them! Goals conceded should come as an afterthought to all other stats and rewards.

The way to make the league less defensive is to make head 2 head the first decider, not goal difference.

If you do that, suddenly teams will never bother trying damage limitation, or only losing by 1 or 2 goals. You also stop people like Mourinho trying to kill any top of the table matches. Suddenly teams have much greater incentive to beat the people around them, not just draw, and you get people going at the big teams with an all out blitz hoping to get a goal or two because it actually doesn't matter if they lose 6-2 compared to 2-0

It's how they do it in Spain and it works very well.

Another improvement they have - their version of the golden glove, the Zamora trophy, is given by goals per game (min 28 games), which is a better rating of a defence than clean sheets.

Another improvement they have - their version of the golden glove, the Zamora trophy, is given by goals per game (min 28 games), which is a better rating of a defence than clean sheets.
Presumably so named because of Bobby Zamora's uncanny ability to stop the ball going into the net in almost any situation?

This boy is incredible and is quickly turning in to a city hero. Genuinely like playing with 11 top quality outfield players which gives us a huge advantage but he is more than competent when he is required from a strictly goalkeeping point of view. I’m sure he will make mistakes given the risks he takes but I love the confidence and he will get us out of a lot of situations.
I agree.

This boy is incredible and is quickly turning in to a city hero. Genuinely like playing with 11 top quality outfield players which gives us a huge advantage but he is more than competent when he is required from a strictly goalkeeping point of view. I’m sure he will make mistakes given the risks he takes but I love the confidence and he will get us out of a lot of situations.

I thought Neuer was the best goalkeeper for playing well with his feet(passes, control etc) but this Ederson guy is even more amazing! Also Neuer makes mistakes much more frequently than Ederson. Neuer was like a robot with moments of malfunction, while Ederson is just a robot, being calm all the time.
Does anyone know if current type of play and skill by Ederson is a work of Pep or he was just as amazing with the ball even before he met Guardiola?

I thought Neuer was the best goalkeeper for playing well with his feet(passes, control etc) but this Ederson guy is even more amazing! Also Neuer makes mistakes much more frequently than Ederson. Neuer was like a robot with moments of malfunction, while Ederson is just a robot, being calm all the time.
Does anyone know if current type of play and skill by Ederson is a work of Pep or he was just as amazing with the ball even before he met Guardiola?
He was amazing before, it's why we signed him. Benfica actually used our tactic of stretching the opposition toward their goal at goal kicks last season. The kid was a left back in Brazil before switching to keeper. Brazilian full backs are expected to be extremely skillful players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.