Good hotels in Windsor

You a member of the royal family bud? Haha
@gordondaviesmoustache thinks he's posh but compared to me he's like Rab C Nesbitt.

I was working for BAe Systems at the time and a senior functionary at Windsor Castle was an old mate of the BAe Chairman. So he invited BAe to use the facilities to host meetings of senior managers and union officials and I was one of the latter. If it hadn't been for Andrew announcing his engagement to that Sarah Ferguson slag that week, we'd probably have got the Queen personally giving us a guided tour of St George's Chapel.

@gordondaviesmoustache thinks he's posh but compared to me he's like Rab C Nesbitt.

I was working for BAe Systems at the time and a senior functionary at Windsor Castle was an old mate of the BAe Chairman. So he invited BAe to use the facilities to host meetings of senior managers and union officials and I was one of the latter. If it hadn't been for Andrew announcing his engagement to that Sarah Ferguson slag that week, we'd probably have got the Queen personally giving us a guided tour of St George's Chapel.

Nice one. What could have been eh

Nice one. What could have been eh
Yes. We got invited to an Evensong service in St George's Chapel one of the nights we were there and did the tour afterwards. The Queen had just come back from a tour of Australia and we were told she would have normally been at Windsor for the week after that (as she apparently regards Buck House as 'the office' and prefers to get over long tours with a few days at Windsor). She would apparently normally go to the service if she was there and would often conduct the tour but because of the announcement of the engagement she had to go to Buckingham Palace.

Yes. We got invited to an Evensong service in St George's Chapel one of the nights we were there and did the tour afterwards. The Queen had just come back from a tour of Australia and we were told she would have normally been at Windsor for the week after that (as she apparently regards Buck House as 'the office' and prefers to get over long tours with a few days at Windsor). She would apparently normally go to the service if she was there and would often conduct the tour but because of the announcement of the engagement she had to go to Buckingham Palace.

Not really into the Royals myself but would clearly be an honour to meet them

Nearest I've got was shaking Williams hand at the Olympics in 2012 when I was on duty covering for G4S

There's a recently departed poster who says he can usually gauge that another poster hasn't actually met me becauae they describe me as being a toff.

Me, a fucking toff ffs!

Don't be fooled by my huge vocabulary, folks.
I agree. Liking and being able to afford nice things doesn't make you a toff.

For me though, the big giveaway is your locale.

If you're after something special then the Waterside Inn is the place to stay and eat (or any others around Bray or monkey island). Sir Christopher Wren makes the nicest food in Windsor central. If you're on a tighter budget then Gilbey's would be my next choice for food. I'm not sure about the hotels as I live there so never actually stayed in any of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.