Good news: City ready to spend big again

HelloCity

The Northern Irishman reckons that player agents hold too much power in modern football after Sterling rejected a new contract worth £100,000-per-week, the Mirror reports.

It is rumoured that his representatives want him to be given parity with Daniel Sturridge's £130,000-per-week deal.

Meanwhile, Manchester City are keeping an eye on the Sterling situation, with Pellegrini keen to secure some huge talents as his club emerges from a period of transfer restrictions, reports say.

And Rodgers is worried that the 20-year-old could leave Anfield this summer as City and Real Madrid prepare their mega offers for the England ace.

“Ultimately, if a player or their representative – probably more so their representative – decides that the player needs to move, that is normally what happens”

"But ultimately, if a player or their representative – probably more so their representative – decides that the player needs to move, that is normally what happens.

"Raheem has made 118 appearances and has only just turned 20. We’ve got a really strong relationship but, as I said, it is about more than that unfortunately.

"It isn’t like 20 or 30 years ago, when people came in and sometimes didn’t even look at the contract before signing it.

"It is a different sport now and it’s just about managing that. All I know is, that when people look at Raheem, it is obvious where his development has taken place and where the next stage should be.”

And Rodgers will have been worried by the tough talk of City boss Pellegrini, who warned that his side are now ready to splash the cash and compete for the biggest players in world football.

Pellegrini said: "Man City are in the position to spend again.

"When I arrived, we had a very good squad and that’s why we won two titles and we scored nearly 160 goals.

"But to grow as a club you must grow in everything - and maybe one of the ways that you grow is to buy the very important players.

"This year, it was impossible to do it because of the restrictions of FFP. It was impossible to bring here the players you are talking about.

"You talk about the money of Manchester City. It’s all money. But maybe, in the last two years, we spent less money than all the important teams."

ManCityX said:
"You talk about the money of Manchester City. It’s all money. But maybe, in the last two years, we spent less money than all the important teams."[/b]

No, we spent big money on average players.
Call me a flapper, but i'm really worried about the next transfer window. Barkely and Nainggolan to sort out our mess in the midfield, are you freaking kidding me?

I think it's time we did spend big, even if it means we suffer more (severe) UEFA restrictions, possibly even a ban.
This team has gone stale, so if we don't improve the situation this summer, we could end up missing out on Champions League qualification for a couple of seasons anyway.
We need some young, hungry British talent. They may not have the cultural flare the foreign players show, but what they replace it with is heart, desire and passion.
I don't need to name the players that need shipping out, we all know who they are!

I'd love to see this line up next August, no matter what it costs. We also need to start bringing through some of the better EDS players to fill out the squad. Give them some game time in the cups at least.

.................................................... Hart .........................................................

... Zabaleta ............ Kompany .................. Mangala .................. Clichy ....

............................................... Schneiderlin .................................................

.......................... Koke/Pogba ........................ Silva .....................................

.... Sterling ....................................................................................... Bale ....

.................................................... Aguero .....................................................

We cannot endure anymore abject performances like we had yesterday, that was spineless.
With a new, younger manager at the helm with a plan A and B, or at least some tactical nous to change formation now and again.
It may be a breath of fresh air to see this team next season, albeit a pipe dream, but hey ho, one can dream.
Make it happen!!!!!

yellamcfc said:
I think it's time we did spend big, even if it means we suffer more (severe) UEFA restrictions, possibly even a ban.
This team has gone stale, so if we don't improve the situation this summer, we could end up missing out on Champions League qualification for a couple of seasons anyway.
We need some young, hungry British talent. They may not have the cultural flare the foreign players show, but what they replace it with is heart, desire and passion.
I don't need to name the players that need shipping out, we all know who they are!

I'd love to see this line up next August, no matter what it costs. We also need to start bringing through some of the better EDS players to fill out the squad. Give them some game time in the cups at least.

.................................................... Hart .........................................................

... Zabaleta ............ Kompany .................. Mangala .................. Clichy ....

............................................... Schneiderlin .................................................

.......................... Koke/Pogba ........................ Silva .....................................

.... Sterling ....................................................................................... Bale ....

.................................................... Aguero .....................................................

We cannot endure anymore abject performances like we had yesterday, that was spineless.
With a new, younger manager at the helm with a plan A and B, or at least some tactical nous to change formation now and again.
It may be a breath of fresh air to see this team next season, albeit a pipe dream, but hey ho, one can dream.
Make it happen!!!!!

Don't see how Zabaleta & Clichy get in above any of the others if we are talking about this season's performances.

Neville Kneville said:
yellamcfc said:

Make it happen!!!!!

Don't see how Zabaleta & Clichy get in above any of the others if we are talking about this season's performances.

probably because after all the money spent on the front 6 there wont be any substantial amount left to spend on the back 4

bluechampion7891 said:
Neville Kneville said:
yellamcfc said:

Make it happen!!!!!

probably because after all the money spent on the front 6 there wont be any substantial amount left to spend on the back 4

That was my thinking.
In my opinion, that defence should be good enough with a player of Schneiderlin's ability to protect it.
He drops into holes/gaps within the centre backs and reads everything superbly around the box, breaking down play.
The work rate of Pogba or Koke will also aid our defensive play.
If for any reason the defence still requires strengthening, that can come in future transfer windows, but we must maximise our sales, putting it to good use.
Our midfield is the biggest worry, this needs the most attention.
Players like Sterling and Bale are comfortable playing anywhere across the attacking midfield positions, as is Silva.

Barkley - £35 million
Dybala - £25 million
Jack Wilshere - £25 million
Kurzawa - £20 million
Alderweireld - £15 million

It will probably be something like that. No major improvements but lots of money spend.

jared said:
Pogba, bale and sterling?! Are we talking fantasy realm here?

If that's what it takes to breathe some life back into this team, YES. Big money needs to be spent on top quality players.

Barkley and Wilshere are not the answer to our midfield!!

McfcMK said:
Barkley - £35 million
Dybala - £25 million
Jack Wilshere - £25 million
Kurzawa - £20 million
Alderweireld - £15 million

It will probably be something like that. No major improvements but lots of money spend.

thats pretty much going backwards and fighting for top 4

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.