Good Satirist Bands-(Is that even a genre?)

Nobody could touch the Bonzo Dog Band. Only the Mother's come close. And I am sure even Frank Zappa felt threatened. My Pink Half Of The Drain Pipe.... Yeah. I'll take what they are on. But I wish Viv Stanshall's life wasn't such a sad tale.

Best ever though we're the Bonzos.
I saw their tour about ten years Ago with Jupitus and Edmondson at the Apollo and I was crying with laughter at them.
utterly brilliant.

Thank you, I thought I was alone. Apart from Casanova on horn.

Neil Innes did a brilliant TV series called the "Innes Book of Records" in the early-80s. Anyone remember that?

Liam Gallagher.
He's a parody of his former self.
The middle aged Dad on holiday piping up on the karaoke machine to sing a tired Oasis song from the 90's.

Saw the Bonzos at the Free Trade Hall in 1969 and again at UMIST the following year. Stood next to Viv in the bar at UMIST while getting a pint but I was a star stuck 16 year and couldn't bring myself to say hello.

I wouldn't cross the road to see the odds and sods version of the band that tours these days. Wouldn't be the same.

The Rutles: All You Need is Cash is a wonderful film which takes the piss out of the Beatles. Great songs by ex-Bonzo Neil Innes.

Last edited:
Saw the Bonzos at the Free Trade Hall in 1969 and again at UMIST the following year. Stood next to Viv in the bar at UMIST while getting a pint but I was a star stuck 16 year and couldn't bring myself to say hello.

I wouldn't cross the road to see the odds and sods version of the band that tours these days. Wouldn't be the same.

The Rutles: All You Need is Cash is a wonderful film which takes the piss out of the Beatles. Great songs by ex-Bonzo Neil Innes.
I used to drink in a pub called The Rosendale in south London (I know, I know), Viv used to pop in occasionally. I think he had family nearby or something. There was a house on Rosendale Road, near the pub, that local legend told as the place the Bonzos first started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.