Goretzka (Signed for Bayern Munich)

Not to be NN but I'm not sure why his score is so much higher after fleshing out the stats(goals scored perhaps but that's not what we need):

His pass completion which is vital for our system... at 76% is 10% lower than the other two in that comparison.

Successful take ons(perhaps the most indicative of ability to hold onto the ball if need be) is way lower at 29%.

However he is only 22y.o and does play in a different system so maybe Pep can work with him.
His possession score is weaker. Partly coz of where he plays. But compare his defensive contributions to those of the other 2 and you begin to see why he is easily projectable to Pivot. Also the length of average pass also shows his range.

He doesn't play often as a DM or Pivot, but it is easy to see how he can succeed there overtime.

He has been dubbed a future phenom for about 3 years now. And the Confed cup that Germany won was kinda his coming out party (I.e even if you didn't watch the Bundesliga much, you could have caught him in that tournament).

That said, there has always been an argument here as to how much of a player you need to see to have well versed opinion on him. Some say 10 or more.

Others say a little less. I have long been of the opinion that it really depends on who is doing the watching.

For example, most of our fans have watched all our players day in and day out for years, yet the opinions they hold of some of our players are just flat out erroneous.

I personally use a combination of all tools at my disposal... Watch full games ofthem, watch highlights of their best moments, watch highlights of there every touch, review there documented statistic on multiple sites, then compare those stays to known good players at their position.

By the time you go thru this process with any player (including our players) it is hard not to have a well developed opinion of said player.
Flippin eck!

This is where I must be going wrong with my assessment of Sanchez! :-)

It's really interesting to hear what fans do to gather opinions on players, from FIFA to trawling stats and everything in between. Lol :-)

Do you find your method works more than not?

Flippin eck!

This is where I must be going wrong with my assessment of Sanchez! :-)

It's really interesting to hear what fans do to gather opinions on players, from FIFA to trawling stats and everything in between. Lol :-)

Do you find your method works more than not?
In determining who might best fit, I don't think there is a better way to go about it.

You are not wrong on Sanchez by the way, Marvin just has a different view and I think it is a legitimate one.

I am on the "if Pep wants him get him" crew. But if I were being honest I think a player like Malcolm or the Portuguese winger Martin will be more appropriate. Even though neither is currently half the player Sanchez is.

Sanchez is about winning this season. The others are about winning longterm.

P.s: o think I might get into FIFA soon. There seems to be something there. Just not a big video game guy :(

In determining who might best fit, I don't think there is a better way to go about it.

You are not wrong on Sanchez by the way, Marvin just has a different view and I think it is a legitimate one.

I am on the "if Pep wants him get him" crew. But if I were being honest I think a player like Malcolm or the Portuguese winger Martin will be more appropriate. Even though neither is currently half the player Sanchez is.

Sanchez is about winning this season. The others are about winning longterm.

P.s: o think I might get into FIFA soon. There seems to be something there. Just not a big video game guy :(
PES is better especially if you like Pep's way of playing the beautiful game.

Yeah, I'm in the States. So PES or Winning 11. Thx :)
Trying to master manual off the ball player runs myself at the moment(PES2018) with all assists off, it can easily make you go crosseyed watching two players at once like that haha.

Does FIFA give an accurate reflection of a player? I'm sure I could have a team of legends and you the Dog & Duck, and you'd still run up a cricket score against me! :-)
I think they are preaty good at it. For ex, when I was younger and playing fifa manager, I "discovered" Bale, 16, Southampton, who would grow up to be rated more than 90(from 100). They got it wright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.