Grammar alert: of/off, to/too

Most mistakes don't really bother me. Even if I have to read things over. Its the blatant butchering and laziness that bugs me...ie cud ov..m8..l8r..cu etc

Some folk start a statement with "To be honest..." - which is clearly a sure-fire sign that untruths are about to be uttered.

One of the unsavoury youths that loiters around the eldest This! step daughter says "I'm not gonna lie..." before everything he says. On almost every occasion a tirade of lies ensues.

"Can I be honest with you"? Well, you can, but you should be aware that I will have to assume that everything you have ever said to me in the past was a lie.

JOGAMIGMOG (earlier) is right. "Can I get a ...."
If I were working in a shop and someone said to me "Can I get a cake/coffee/pie...etc", I'd say "No, I'll go and get it, you just pay for it." Where has it come from? America, I expect.
As for the meaningless and insincere "Have a nice day", the late Peter Ustinov always answered "No thanks, I have other plans".
And being served in a restaurant with "Enjoy" added, I say " If I don't, I'l let you know."

The random, scattergun use of apostrophes.
This very day I received an email from our own beloved club informing me that ‘teenage keeper get’s her chance’.
Now I’m off to of a beer.

"Yeah no" in answer to a question is annoying, could be another Australian thing as I've heard it so many times from Glen McGrath over the past couple of weeks.

Surely it's either yeah, or no Glen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.