Greatest football match you have ever watched?

I'm not sure if it was the best, but this was pretty special. Deportivo had lost the first leg 4-1 in Milan and everybody had written them off, then they did this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGzaS9lvUA&feature=related[/youtube]

one of the best i have seen was Bulgaria vs Romania in the 1994 world cup finals,the (Stoichkov vs Hagi) game as it later became known.A very entertaining game with lots of goals,alot of people forget how good Stoichkov and Georgi Hagi actually were.I remember watching it on a beautiful sunny day in Amsterdam.If i remember correctly Bulgaria won 3-2 but i'll have to check on that.

Petemeister said:
I agree with the inter barca one, great games.

My personal would be Liverpool beating west ham in the fa cup final.
Gerrards goal was first class and dramatic.
I used to love Gerrard back then, brilliant goal.

In terms of enjoyment i would have to say when barca destroyed madrid ealier in this season, or maybe the 4-3 at old trafford last year, however gut wrenching it was, it was a brilliant game of football.

Lucky Toma said:
The Italy Brazil 3-2 game in the '82 World Cup takes some beating.

For me its got real nostalgia value too because I was 8 so its the first tournament I can remember vividly.

That was the first game I thought of, as it was a breathtaking game, but the world cup final in '66 is also etched on my mind.

I watched a video of the '66 final a while ago, and it seemed so slow, looking back.

Yeah, Italy v Brazil in '82. I was transfixed by that game.

Sheikh n Bake said:
I'm not sure if it was the best, but this was pretty special. Deportivo had lost the first leg 4-1 in Milan and everybody had written them off, then they did this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGzaS9lvUA&feature=related[/youtube]

I remember this tie! the champions league was much better back then

BingoBango said:
Netherlands v Czech Republic in Euro 2004, two great teams going hell for leather. Reminds me why I love football.

Forgot about this, Czech Republic were absolutely amazing in Euro 2004.

TheMidnightClaret said:
Mine would probably be Inter Milan vs Barca last year. Everything about how mourinho and the players went about it was second to none. Even when they went down to 10 men they kept their shape and kept what was widely regarded as one of the best teams ever at bay for 80 minutes.

Also another two in with a shout would of course be City vs Gillingham. Taking the blue tinted specs off the rags vs Munich in the same year. Probably the most dramatically late comeback ever seen in a cup final, I dbout that will ever be matched.
It was matched 6 years later mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.