Greatest Individual season?

Villan10

If Lionel Messi reaches 60 goals in a single campaign which looks possible, as well as around possibly 25-30 assists maybe, would this be the single greatest individual season in history? I know maybe earlier in football's history, players may have netted similar or more? (have they?) but football also was general more attacking back then and teams less organised as they are now.

Whatever, best or not the best, what an amazing stat that could be, 60 goals in a season. Sort of strike rate you see kids get in their local under 9's league.

Villan10 said:
If Lionel Messi reaches 60 goals in a single campaign which looks possible, as well as around possibly 25-30 assists maybe, would this be the single greatest individual season in history? I know maybe earlier in football's history, players may have netted similar or more? (have they?) but football also was general more attacking back then and teams less organised as they are now.

Whatever, best or not the best, what an amazing stat that could be, 60 goals in a season. Sort of strike rate you see kids get in their local under 9's league.

Dixie Dean scored 60 goals in one season for Everton way back in the 1930's but as you say it was a different game back then - far more goals scored and conceded in those days.

If Messi scores a similar amount this season then I have to agree that it could arguably be the greatest season by an individual player ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.