Greatest (or most memorable) game you ever saw?

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
maybe a stupid question to ask as a City supporter to other City supporters (although I know we have a few from other clubs in here) but I've just watched (again) the 30 minute extended highlights of City v QPR from 2012 on the official website, as it queued up after I was looking at a Burnley video..

.. what an absolutely amazing match, the likes of which I doubt I'll ever see again; simply the most incredible game of football I've ever seen, and expect to see.

holy cow.. still gets me, even so many years later.

what's your most memorable or special/greatest game you've ever watched?

(been watching City since I was 11, and just hit my 50s)

Topic done to death, we have had many amazing games but Agueroooooo moment will never be beaten by us or any other team, pure media magic.

Tough question and hard to nail down to one game. Few stick in my mind from my time.
But I will choose the semi final against the rags as it was important on many levels.
Statement win and led to our first trophy for a while plus it exercised many a ghost.

Only
6-0 away defeat to derby was a cracker
Time I've ever left a game early, had Mrs Moon with me and it also started to look iffy on the terraces.

The the OP, impossible to give one game, thought it would always be the 5-1 but it'd have to be a top five for us older blues.

In no particular order off the top of my head;

5-1
4-0 Bell's comeback
The QPR game
The Stoke final
Another 5-1 Charlton.

Didn't go to the Gillingham match so can't count it.

The FA cup game at Spurs when we were 3 down at half time and down to 10 men. To me it summed up perfectly what being a city supporter is like and the rollercoaster of emotions we go through.

Coventry at home in the quarter final of the League cup 1974, won 4 2 on a Wednesday afternoon !
That was because there was no floodlights at night through strikes etc
I wagged it from school and there was a tap on my shoulder whilst watching the game and it was
my English teacher who was a fanatical blue, oh know I thought .....until he came out with
"I wont tell if you dont" how times have changed ! Lee and Law were awesome that day

3-0 v Blackpool in the 1998/99 season. It was my first match and the one where I became Blue. I'd loosely followed City's results for a while but was more in to music and books. It changed me as a person.

I've seen some incredibly exciting matches over the years and also some insanely dull affairs (think Pearce's last season)

I'll choose three
City 2 Ipswich one (Dave Watson's bullet header in the dying moments)
City 10 Huddersfield 1 (Yes I was there)
City 4 Aston Villa 0 (Yaya's epic run in the pissing down rain)

An honorable mention to beating the rags 1-0 (Vinnie's header) in 2012 and also to the Bournmouth 3-3 game with them equalising in the 98th minute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.