Greatest (or most memorable) game you ever saw?

City away versus Lytham, pre season friendly, won 4-1. Early to mid seventies IIRC.

In the mad scramble to get autographs at the end of the game Kenny Clements trod on my foot. I was only a young nipper and he (to me back then) was a giant -
my foot was black and blue. Haven't forgot THAT game in a hurry.

Newcastle 3 City 4 , 1968 title winning game , beat the Rags by one point on last day of the season , we had a brilliant all english team that cost next to nowt it was so unexpected a bit like Leciester's title last season , we had a team of players who were not superstars at the time although Bell , Lee Summerbee became eventually did recieve some accolades. There must have been 20,000 of us all over St.James Park a brilliant end to end game ,we scored then they scored but we just had so much belief in that team unsung heroes like Tony Coleman,Neil Young Alan Oakes beating the likes of Best,Law and Charlton over a season , great days under Big Mal and Gentleman Joe.
It was two points rather than one.

City went into the final match on the same points as United but City were always going to win if it remained level because they had a vastly superior goal average/difference.

It turns out that City could have lost at Newcastle and still become champions because United lost at home to Sunderland.

5. City 3 1 Barcelona
4. City 1 0 United (semi)
3. City 1 0 Stoke Fa Cup
2. City 1 0 United (2012)
1. City 3 2 QPR

Tbh though my memories of the top 3 are foggy as i was shitting myself

Has to be Gilllingham play off final. Watched the QPR match from Thailand.
I enjoyed Derby at home. Think quin scored penalty and saved one.
Villa away. Around 92/93. Fans ran on pitch with banner. Good luck villa from the city of manchester. Kicking off at half time.
Nobody was sure who they wanted to win the game. To stop Utd winning league.
City 5 Utd 1 back in the day.

Gornik had plenty of experience in the rain when they played City in the ECWC Final in Vienna the season before.

Now that was real rain. I never encountered anything like that in Manchester!

You are correct but they had been reported as saying they feared the rain for some reason.That final almost disappeared from sight as the FA Cup Final replay was on the same night and they showed that live. I think we got highlights on Sportsnight with Coleman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.