Greece

Our economy is in much better shape than the Greeks, remove the property bubble and subsequent banking crash and it's as strong as anyone's in Europe, I think you're including us in the wrong group there. Especially seeing as we exited our bailout program 6 months ago.
Yeah, you're correct in this, my mistake, I included Ireland still thinking about the original problems. Ireland accepted the programmes necessary, bit the bullet and now (Hopefully!) have turned a corner. The other nations mentioned, maybe not.

When you say "political customers", I assume you mean public sector employees (employees of the state). Is this correct?

I was in Athens a few months ago and our taxi driver told us that the very rich have hundreds of billions in Swiss bank accounts and if the government got its hands on a percentage of that, the problem would be solved. But the people with the money are the people who run the country and they are unlikely to want to give up even a percentage of their wealth. Is that a general view or do you think he was exaggerating?

Nope, but i don't know how you call it. I mean people who sells their vote in exchange of certain benefits. Not the whole public sector and not all old people.

Classic taxi driver..... Do you know the song don't pay the ferryman?

The EU has failed.

It has high unemployment and low growth.

This shambles shows how poorly it planned its single currency, choosing to ignore lots of advice not to admit countries like Greece.

The treatment of Greece shows every member country just what harsh and nasty treatment they can expect from Germany ( which effectively runs the EU) if they ever have difficulties.

The 'union' is not a happy one.

Time to leave.

Yeah, you're correct in this, my mistake, I included Ireland still thinking about the original problems. Ireland accepted the programmes necessary, bit the bullet and now (Hopefully!) have turned a corner. The other nations mentioned, maybe not.

Bit far fucking more of a bullet than we should have had to as well, the troika's programs have been hindering growth here for the last 3 fucking years, we're only starting to see proper recovery now that they've been told to go fuck themselves. Hence my support of Greece. The PIGS economies are in a different world to ours, our economy has a strong base in IT and Pharmaceutical manufacturing, lots of US investment so we've never been in the same boat. The only thing that fucked us over was a housing bubble caused by one of the only fast growing populations in the first world, huge internal migration to the 3 main urban centers and a bunch of greedy politicians and developers. Unfortunately, these problems show no signs of truly being fixed so we'll probably be back somewhere similar in about 20 years or so.

Edit: I forgot the greedy fucking bankers being 'regulated' by their former work colleagues and buddies handing out loans over a game of golf and not bothering to include them on their books, or switching capital from bank to bank depending on where the auditors were on any given day. The misbegotten, holier than thou, spoiled, pampered deluded fucking arsewipes.

Nope, but i don't know how you call it. I mean people who sells their vote in exchange of certain benefits. Not the whole public sector and not all old people.

Classic taxi driver..... Do you know the song don't pay the ferryman?

On a completely different subject Gio, are there many Man City fans in Athens? I've not been in years and always presumed you were all mad for Panathinaikos or Olympiacos.

On a completely different subject Gio, are there many Man City fans in Athens? I've not been in years and always presumed you were all mad for Panathinaikos or Olympiacos.

Well i am not sure. We have a fan club Hellenic Citizens, http://mcfc.gr/
For now we are 20-30 .I have a column there, also write news, we try to do a few things , you know , social media ,twitter ,fb , there are people who want to join us, but the timing is really bad.

Well i am not sure. We have a fan club Hellenic Citizens, http://mcfc.gr/
For now we are 20-30 .I have a column there, also write news, we try to do a few things , you know , social media ,twitter ,fb , there are people who want to join us, but the timing is really bad.

Do you know Oasis City Greek Fan? He used to post on here but haven't seen him in a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.