Greece

The decision to expand the EU to 27 countries, mainly using the Euro, was an act of monumental folly. The Greeks were complicit in that decision, but it was a collective folly. Punishing the Greeks isnt the correct response. An orderly exit is essential.

It was NOT a folly, it was a deliberate act of thievery by the EU, they knew full well the only result of getting the Greeks into the Euro zone was default, the books could not balance and that was known from day one.
For the price of printing a few bits of paper they were going to seize hard assets when the inevitable crash came, what they did not see coming was a government they did not own telling them to get f*cked.

Got a bit wound up on here a while back and pissed off, tell him to come back.

Yes, don't worry mate. And that's me with the aguero 93:20 T-Shirt and my son (his aparrel have the champion's badges). He use to show it to my father , who is a liverpool fan and ask him if he ever have a premier league champion badge.

It was NOT a folly, it was a deliberate act of thievery by the EU, they knew full well the only result of getting the Greeks into the Euro zone was default, the books could not balance and that was known from day one.
For the price of printing a few bits of paper they were going to seize hard assets when the inevitable crash came, what they did not see coming was a government they did not own telling them to get f*cked.

This is way too sensitive.

Political and geographical reconciliation, the trading possibilities which should/could have had demand side stimulus, and slight of hand from Goldman sachs.

Nothing about thievery. We have to remember that the eu wants fiscal union. If that was achieved greater measures to prevent this situation could be taken. As it stands, they can't due to sovereignty.

The bailouts have not been successful as they go to creditors. Debt forgiveness could be a way forward, but it's hard to stomach when multiple bailouts have been wasted.

Worth also looking at the sticking points on this deal. Some are actions that should have been taken by Greece already. they definitely don't seem to be too much to ask.

Their politicians have fucked them.

We are on kefelonia now and you wouldn't know there was any crisis, still excepting credit cards no queues at cash machines they think that everything will get sorted at the end of the week and the new bailout will be voted for

Bailouts can't continue forever and I don't see the issues Greece has as being temporary so at what point do they say enough is enough and allow them to go their own way again?

Left wing governments always end in an economic mess.

The Greeks must have been mad to vote for this bunch of amateurs when they were already in dire financial straits.

Things could only get worse, and they have.

I have to say I'm rather warming to them. They were elected on a mandate and they are sticking to it despite the pressure from the euro jackboot.

Well they made them an offer than they couldn't except.
The bailout money doesn't really help Greece it just pays off the banks that lent to them.

The problem here is if Greece leave the Euro then they will have turmoil for a while but then back on a steady footing. Then you'll have Italy, Spain and Portugal all looking on with envy.

Well they made them an offer than they couldn't except.
The bailout money doesn't really help Greece it just pays off the banks that lent to them.

The problem here is if Greece leave the Euro then they will have turmoil for a while but then back on a steady footing. Then you'll have Italy, Spain and Portugal all looking on with envy.

I was on holiday in Croatia when they were contemplating joining the EU. It seemed that there was a general wish to join the EU but they were very reluctant to be part of the Eurozone. However it was a case of if they joined the EU they had to take on the Euro.

There will be a tipping point when a large number of EU countries decide that the Euro is wrong for them. Its just a question of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.