"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

Its all well and good being delighted we are now part of it, and say f*ck this, and them for voting for FFPR, but seriously how many people really want a six team league ? or worse some sort of breakaway european league ? or some league with no promotion/relegation ? Surely a competitive league is what we all want as it makes it far more interesting on every level, I want to see other teams fighting for top 4/5/6, and teams being able to be the so called elite teams.

The money split should stay how it is for me, in fact I'd like to think (though its more in hope than expectation) that we might fight something like this from within, especially against the 3 red clubs, who seem to think its their 'elite'.

Its all well and good being delighted we are now part of it, and say f*ck this, and them for voting for FFPR, but seriously how many people really want a six team league ? or worse some sort of breakaway european league ? or some league with no promotion/relegation ? Surely a competitive league is what we all want as it makes it far more interesting on every level, I want to see other teams fighting for top 4/5/6, and teams being able to be the so called elite teams.

The money split should stay how it is for me, in fact I'd like to think (though its more in hope than expectation) that we might fight something like this from within, especially against the 3 red clubs, who seem to think its their 'elite'.
I just want to point out that I did say "fuck them, they should learn their lessons and not vote the way they're told" as in the top six can't change the league regs without the support of another 8 league clubs.

Why do people talk about a six team league?
Leicester gate crashed it last year, Everton, Southampton, West Ham and even Newcastle further back have gate crashed the supposed top 6, if these clubs then didn't sell their best players to their rivals they'd have a chance to consolidate their position and push on, but no, they'd rather sell on players for a profit instead. Fuck em if that's their view of it.
I accept the CL teams will generate extra revenue but the additional games they then play gives others the opportunity to take their places in the top 6.

if we were part of a break away league/ top 6 id stop going to city matches. we would be part of the end of football in england potentially. greed is killing the game and id hate if we were part of that.

Greed of all football clubs are killing the game.

Look at games in the Championship, for example, the stadiums are half empty. Fans are being priced out of the games all over the country in all four divisions.

Greed of all football clubs are killing the game.

Look at games in the Championship, for example, the stadiums are half empty. Fans are being priced out of the games all over the country in all four divisions.

To be fair 70's and 80's and the 90's had plenty of empty seats everywhere! Just now its brought to people attention since the scum been wank so all they have its the myth we have empty seats, the media picked it up and lapped the bullshit up.

with the vote of no confidence by the government over the FA its the start of things to come
i think the government want a slice of the pie and will pressure the FA into taking back the top league (premier league) the amount of money that's going out of the game in england is shocking and skysports rupert murdoch company is milking the country and paying little to no tax on a multi £billion company the government have had enough

within 5 years i can see the FA taking back from the premier league and sky and putting it back on mutli terrestrial tv and pay for view freeview channel
this sounds daft but with the government and Brexit but it will need the biggest money maker to be in england and no tax rupert murdoch lining his pocket sky corporate will have to change or move out and when they lose the football it will be over for them

To80'sfair 70's and 80's and the 90's had plenty of empty seats everywhere! Just now its brought to people attention since the scum been wank so all they have its the myth we have empty seats, the media picked it up and lapped the bullshit up.
Yep half the stadiums were 3 quarters full in the 80's and early 90's it seemed. The prices were dirt cheap compared to now

Money will kill football.
An idea first mentioned in 1905 when Alf Common was bought for a record fee of £1,000 when transferred to Boro from Sunderland.
Football is still living 112 years later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.