"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

with the vote of no confidence by the government over the FA its the start of things to come
i think the government want a slice of the pie and will pressure the FA into taking back the top league (premier league) the amount of money that's going out of the game in england is shocking and skysports rupert murdoch company is milking the country and paying little to no tax on a multi £billion company the government have had enough

within 5 years i can see the FA taking back from the premier league and sky and putting it back on mutli terrestrial tv and pay for view freeview channel
this sounds daft but with the government and Brexit but it will need the biggest money maker to be in england and no tax rupert murdoch lining his pocket sky corporate will have to change or move out and when they lose the football it will be over for them
No chance.

The same people who voted no confidence in the FA this week, also said they were happy that the PL had increased significantly, the amount of money going into grass roots football from the PL. Much more likely, is that they want the PL to take over the running of football. I hope not, as that will be wrong for every other level of football, much better that the PL give money to grass roots football, but that the FA gets reorganised, and that particularly grass roots, most significantly the coaching at junior level gets reorganised, and for me, taken away from clubs completely up to the age of 16.

Football in the UK needs huge change, and the last thing it needs is a top 6 cartel muted at that meeting taking money for themselves, it also needs huge change at the FA in how football is run.

That's not quite the same as football being dead!

Well its last legs put it that way. Sky viewing figures are showing a marked decline, The ITV digital collapse which had caused major damage to the entire Football League. Despite the money sloshing about the national team hasn't sorted itself out either, and still look miles away from the rest of our counterparts.

Last edited:
"Everyone below 6th please leave the room. The grown-ups wish to speak. Thank you. " Smacks of bullshit to me.
And this."In other words, the Big Six clubs — at very least
four of them..."
Which is it six or four?
We're getting tarred with a very broad brush here.
As I said earlier, my hope (and its little more than hope if I'm honest) is that we are there to fight it from within.

Well its last legs put it that way. Sky Viewing figures are showing a marked decline, The ITV digital collapse which caused major damage to the Football League, The national team hasn't sorted itself out either.
The nation team, I'll grant you, but if you think English domestic football is on its last legs, you're sorely mistaken. Attendances at games are much higher than the pre-Sky era. If it's on its last legs now, what was it back then?

btw ITV Digital's collapse was about 15 years ago.

The nation team, I'll grant you, but if you think English domestic football is on its last legs, you're sorely mistaken. Attendances at games are much higher than the pre-Sky era. If it's on its last legs now, what was it back then?

btw ITV Digital's collapse was about 15 years ago.

Much safer sport now to watch, but ticket prices are an issue as the rest are trying to bridge the gap, but it is still run the same before the Premier League was formed It is all down to the FA being reformed and whether the game can be revamped. I added The ITV digital collapse bit as a warning how the game can collapse and the game is still not in a completely healthy state.

Last edited:
If these bellends hadn't signed up to the ludicrously biased and unfair FFP then they too could have had the opportunity to join us and Chelsea. In their naive, rag-induced jealousy, in a bid to stop us they didn't think it through, signing their own death warrants to forever preclude their own clubs from getting on the gravy train. Fuck them all, stupid small time wankers.

Everton, Southampton, West Ham, all of them, no reason they couldn't have benefitted from a multi-billionaire owner too, but they preferred to try and keep the rags in an ivory tower and fight it out for a Europa League place. No bollocks, no ambition. Reaping what they sowed.

Southampton were one of the few to vote against the corrupt ffp. I remember Swansea and Villa also voted against it along with us. I'm missing one, think it was WBA. Reading were paid off by the corrupt cartel to abstain when they were along with Southampton and Leicester the only ones in the entire football league to vote against it in the fl's version the season before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.