"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 11 Feb 2017.

1. Helmet Cole

Helmet Cole

Spot on. They've won fuck all since 1991 and we all know football was only invented in '92, so their history doesn't count.

2. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

RAF Tornado pilot
    I'm probably in the minority, but I admit to thinking I would love to see us utterly dominate football as long as possible. I never get bored of seeing us win and it'd be great to one day overhaul the rag's trophy haul. The sooner the better. Itd be amazing to have City the world's dominant club, signing £250m players and taking any star player we want from any club in the world, winning title after title and smashing in 5, 6, 7 goals and occasionally double figures. Honestly I genuinely wish this. Realistically I hope we can get as close to that ideal as possible one day.

3. East Level 2

East Level 2

The thing killing the game for me is the thought that they might not be incompetent, but biased.

4. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That's right, man; I got in
    Why can't they be both?

5. East Level 2

East Level 2

They can GDM, believe me they can. It's just that the incompetence can be reduced by better training for both them and their guide dogs.

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    The élitism started earlier than '92.

It began when the original so-called 'big five' - rags, Spurs, l'Arse and the two dippers - insisted that all gate money be retained by the home team.

Early '80s, I think it was.

7. ancoats

ancoats

its more than a no confidence vote and yes the government want a better say and a single body running football in england but the truth is the money leaving this country in tax free overseas accounts to Sky and skys media group and murdoch we are talking £billions of pounds each year with little to no tax being paid that's what the government want to stop or change

the clubs are based in england and fans turning each week are paying really good money to watch football but arm chair football right around the world is bigger and easy money the clubs think they are getting a great deal but what is the turn over from skys media group how many country's are watching the game in england the amount of money from each single one of them is bigger than what the clubs make each season what percentage is sky taking must be over 65% tax free and that is why the government are getting involved

forget the top 6 clubs they will toe the line if the government get involved and why not they will make more money from a british tv company or sell there own rights to whoever the highest bidders are. but (mark my words) the money going out of premier league football will not carry on in the way is and the government will want a tax of 50% in the pound and like it or lump it so the winners will be tax man the losers YES the fans

8. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    What makes you think the premier league doesn't contribute to the exchequer?

9. lancs blue

lancs blue

It was brought in after the 80/81 season. That season the so-called Big 5 finished 3rd, 5th, 8th,10th and 15th. By the end of 84/85 they finished 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 7th.

10. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Thanks for that.