Antoine Griezmann

I wonder how many of you all have seen Griezmann play, he's not a number 9. Griezmann can play up top, behind the striker and on either wing, creates, brings others into the game, is a great presser, has a high work ethic while also being good in the air. Aguero is a different type of player — a prolific goalscorer who isn't expected to contribute all-round as much as Griezmann does.

It's very hard to say which of the two is better. But for Pep's system, where goals come from everywhere because players are expected to be selfless and press everywhere, it's reasonable to say that Griezmann is a better fit (especially considering he's almost 3 years younger and much more positionally versatile)

I wonder how many of us all haven't seen him play, quite a lot.

I wonder how many of you all have seen Griezmann play, he's not a number 9. Griezmann can play up top, behind the striker and on either wing, creates, brings others into the game, is a great presser, has a high work ethic while also being good in the air. Aguero is a different type of player — a prolific goalscorer who isn't expected to contribute all-round as much as Griezmann does.

It's very hard to say which of the two is better. But for Pep's system, where goals come from everywhere because players are expected to be selfless and press everywhere, it's reasonable to say that Griezmann is a better fit (especially considering he's almost 3 years younger and much more positionally versatile)

Don’t be a smart Alec. Seen him plenty of times, so much that I repeat he is nowhere near Aguero’s level. He would be his replacement wouldn’t he? So, no thanks, not for me

Don’t be a smart Alec. Seen him plenty of times, so much that I repeat he is nowhere near Aguero’s level. He would be his replacement wouldn’t he? So, no thanks, not for me

Didn't mean to be a prick, but I love Aguero as much as the next fan and it's ridiculous to compare them side-by-side. They're different types of players. Griezmann wouldn't be a straight switch for him, it's more complicated than that

Most journalists/commentators, especially in Europe, prefer Griezmann. Most top 100 footballer rankings (from The Guardian, FourFourTwo, ESPN etc) have ranked him over Aguero since 2016. I personally think they're on a similar level — except Griezmann is more versatile, 3 years younger and better suited to our system

9 goals + 5 assists in 2 months.

His most recent game vs Sevilla (3goals+assist):

Mods, could you please fix the thread title? Thanks.

Don't think this would ever happen. The value isn't there. This isn't the beginning of the takeover where it was necessary to overpay.

Don't think this would ever happen. The value isn't there. This isn't the beginning of the takeover where it was necessary to overpay.

The value is 100% definitely there. On form he's the best player in the world that's for sale, and he's seriously coming into form.

I don’t think he’s for us. Nothing against him but he’s like a few out there - will have a huge price tag which he’ll struggle to live up to. If he has a good World Cup someone will pay stupid money for him. He would suit the Rags down to the ground - good but slightly over hyped, a bit inconsistent and high profile.

I don’t think he’s for us. Nothing against him but he’s like a few out there - will have a huge price tag which he’ll struggle to live up to. If he has a good World Cup someone will pay stupid money for him. He would suit the Rags down to the ground - good but slightly over hyped, a bit inconsistent and high profile.

He has a release clause this summer for €100m (£91.5m), right now it's looking like he'll go to Barca

Everyone will be interested given his ability/ release clause.

The main issue is I think the Barca deal is pretty much done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.