Ground Hog Day Again and Again

Always thought we needed to do something about this lol!

Can we not make this a sticky or have a FAQ section of the board (like the transfer/matchday/off topic sub-boards) where we can move "things we already know and don't need to discuss again" to, in order to save a lot of hassle. (I know we can all be guilty of it sometimes)

Are we providing answers to these questions too?

RE the "Johnson" question - I have it on good authority he's back in full training next week ;)

RE the "European qualification" question (a serious answer this time) - definitive answer can be found here - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/</a>

This site lists the current UEFa coeficients for countries/teams and their respective rankings, who gets what places and at what stage do they enter each competition, and competition formats for Champs and new Europa league. If you read this site you will know EVERYTHING!

i see skies of blue said:
Always thought we needed to do something about this lol!

Can we not make this a sticky or have a FAQ section of the board (like the transfer/matchday/off topic sub-boards) where we can move "things we already know and don't need to discuss again" to, in order to save a lot of hassle. (I know we can all be guilty of it sometimes)

Are we providing answers to these questions too?

RE the "Johnson" question - I have it on good authority he's back in full training next week ;)

RE the "European qualification" question (a serious answer this time) - definitive answer can be found here - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/</a>

This site lists the current UEFa coeficients for countries/teams and their respective rankings, who gets what places and at what stage do they enter each competition, and competition formats for Champs and new Europa league. If you read this site you will know EVERYTHING!

Indeed. Some of the 'top 20' are clearly for laughs but some, like the European qualification and information about STs, have got tedious in the extreme. Clearly, people miss previous threads [we all do] but repetition is detracting from both the fun and serious side of this forum. THe FAQs section seems like a good idea. Your going to have a busy weekend!

I also like the way that you couldn't help yourself with the Jonno titbit via a bit of ITK. Ajay would be proud of you!

Cheers!

I also thing we should have a "classics" subboard, where all the classic threads go. There was one by a spammer a while back trying to sell knock-off sports gear that took on a a life of it's own, the OP kept replying to all the ironic questions (I'll have 6 please/where do I send my credit card details ect).

It was a right chuckle but now it's gone :-(

PS what's all this with the inflatable bananas?

As I remember, we had a 'Classic Threads' thread a few weeks ago. Someone might be able to drag it out of the archive for you. It's rather like when journos report on the activities of journos, which is somehow more entertaining that the real news.

An admirable effort coleridge and I share fully the concern about the board being drowned in endless repitition.

However, many of the worst posters, and I use that word deliberately, are only concerned with 'upping their personal post count' and have no conception of discussion or debate. Their goal is not to contribute, simply to speak - as often as possible.

I used to have a sense of BM as a coherent whole. A place where it was possible to 'keep up' with developments and follow topics over time. Now there are dozens of new threads created every day and the site, though busier than ever before, has lost much of its integrity.

I like posts like yours, but sadly they are much in the minority now and quickly relegated to later pages by the tide of repetitive questions, many of which you highlight here.

mammutly said:
An admirable effort coleridge and I share fully the concern about the board being drowned in endless repitition.

However, many of the worst posters, and I use that word deliberately, are only concerned with 'upping their personal post count' and have no conception of discussion or debate. Their goal is not to contribute, simply to speak - as often as possible.

I used to have a sense of BM as a coherent whole. A place where it was possible to 'keep up' with developments and follow topics over time. Now there are dozens of new threads created every day and the site, though busier than ever before, has lost much of its integrity.

I like posts like yours, but sadly they are much in the minority now and quickly relegated to later pages by the tide of repetitive questions, many of which you highlight here.

this (edit - NOT a cynical attempt to up my post count lol)

Thank you both. You are too kind.

The pity is that there are many people on this forum with salient information or at least an interesting viewpoint [I'm quite engaged in the Stockport thread at the moment] but we live in a society where people don't expect to do any groundwork. Hence, half of the top 20 will almost certainly be re-hashed in a thread any day now. Let's see, shall we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.