Groundhopping

cptaidan88

Does anyone else consider themselves a "Groundhopper"?

Its basically someone who is a collector of sorts, but instead of stamps or whatever, its watching football in different stadia.

I've done every Premier League ground and 75 out of the current 92. I've done every Bundesliga ground and half of Bundesliga 2 and La Liga. I've done about as many in Europe as I've done in England as I use it as an excuse to travel, and it can be cheaper to go abroad than to go to Exeter! I know Germans and Belgians who have done all 92 which is mad.

How many have you done?

I use the website Football Ground Map to track the grounds I've been to. As of right now I'm on 178 which puts me at about 40th in the list of City fans registered on there. No doubt some of you are on here.

I'm off to South America next week and part of that is to go to Boca Juniors which is a Bucket List event. Really looking forward to it.

Its basically someone who is a collector of sorts, but instead of stamps or whatever, its watching football in different stadia.

I've done every Premier League ground and 75 out of the current 92. I've done every Bundesliga ground and half of Bundesliga 2 and La Liga. I've done about as many in Europe as I've done in England as I use it as an excuse to travel, and it can be cheaper to go abroad than to go to Exeter! I know Germans and Belgians who have done all 92 which is mad.

How many have you done?

I use the website Football Ground Map to track the grounds I've been to. As of right now I'm on 178 which puts me at about 40th in the list of City fans registered on there. No doubt some of you are on here.

I'm off to South America next week and part of that is to go to Boca Juniors which is a Bucket List event. Really looking forward to it.
Yeah, well... You haven't been to every League of Ireland ground so there.

I too like to visit other grounds but not to the extent you do. 64 for me, 69.5%.
Today I shall be going to Athletico Madrid v Celia Vigo.
Following England, Stuttgart, Paris, San Marino, Glasgow, Vilnius, Marseille, St Etienne, Lens, Lille, Kaiserslautern, Gelsenkichen(Shalke)
Kalingrad, Volgograd & Nizhny Novgorod in Russia in June to start with, hopefully a few more as well.
Ajax in a couple of weeks for the Holland game.

How many have you done?

Ive been to a few abroad but what you do is a great hobby and a fantastic way of visiting new places

97 - bit sad for a 21 year old... Hoping to go to more European grounds over the next few years

How many have you done?

How does it work with old stadiums?

I’ve watched City at every current Premier League location, plus the Dell, Leeds Road, Withdean, Goldstone, Highbury, Victoria Ground etc (in fact every possible location apart from the Vetch)

Off the top of my head, I’ve also seen us at Ayresome Park, Roker Park, Baseball Ground, Burnden Park, Plough Lane, Fellows Park,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.