Groundhopping

Been to 84 of the current 92. I'm missing AFC Wimbledon, Barnet (went to their old ground), Colchester (went to their old ground), Coventry (went to their old ground loads of times), Crawley Town, Forest Green Rovers, Newport and Yeovil.
Most of those visits were watching City and that season in the third division "helped" but not seen City at Accrington, Burton, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Chesterfield (saw us at their old ground), Crawley, Exeter, Fleetwood, MKD, Morecambe (saw our reserves at their old ground) , Oxford (saw us at their old ground), Plymouth, Rotherham (saw us at their old ground) and Stevenage in addition to the grounds above.
I've also seen the following former league clubs play home games: Aldershot, Chester (Sealand Road and then the Deva against us in the FA Cup), Darlington, Halifax (aaarrrggghhh - so you can guess which was my first visit to the Shay), Hartlepool, Hereford, Kidderminster, Leyton Orient, Macclesfield (saw City win there), Maidstone, Scarborough, Stockport (including a few games against City), Torquay (v City in the League Cup in 83-84), Tranmere (several times with City), Wrexham (several times with City) and York (including THAT game, but I was in with the home fans.)
I've also been to the following disused league grounds: Ayresome Park, Baseball Ground, Belle Vue, Boleyn Ground (or Upton Park if you don't want me to be pedantic), Boothferry Park, Burnden Park, County Ground, Eastville, Elm Park, Feethams, Fellows Park, Filbert Street, Gay Meadow, Goldstone Gnd, Highbury, Highfield Road, Layer Road, Leeds Road, Maine Road, Manor Ground, Millmoor, Ninian Park, Old Show Ground, Plough Lane, Roker Park, Saltergate, Sealand Road, Springfield Park, The Dell, The Den, Vetch Field, Victoria Ground and Underhill.
And I've been to Wembley, both old and new, many times.
Outside England I've seen City play away against Borussia M-G, Feyenoord, Hamburg, Barcelona, Lokeren, Groclin, Ballymena, Schalke, PSG, Rangers, Celtic, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Dundee. And I really hope I'll see us in Kiev for the final.
I've also seen games at TNS, Newtown, St. Mirren and Hearts.
Finally, I've not done much non-league ground hopping, but the ones I remember are: Altrincham, Bamber Bridge (against City reserves in a pre-season game), Bath City, Curzon Ashton, Hyde (watching our reserve and youth teams), Mossley, Prestwich Heys, Radcliffe Boro, Salford City (before it became a circus), Staly-Vegas and Worksop Town.
That's enough copying and pasting for one evening.

Does anyone else consider themselves a "Groundhopper"?

Its basically someone who is a collector of sorts, but instead of stamps or whatever, its watching football in different stadia.

I've done every Premier League ground and 75 out of the current 92. I've done every Bundesliga ground and half of Bundesliga 2 and La Liga. I've done about as many in Europe as I've done in England as I use it as an excuse to travel, and it can be cheaper to go abroad than to go to Exeter! I know Germans and Belgians who have done all 92 which is mad.

How many have you done?

I use the website Football Ground Map to track the grounds I've been to. As of right now I'm on 178 which puts me at about 40th in the list of City fans registered on there. No doubt some of you are on here.

I'm off to South America next week and part of that is to go to Boca Juniors which is a Bucket List event. Really looking forward to it.

Tony Preston on here? Got me city away to Madrid tickets a few years ago but I know on twitter he’s a big blue and ground hops around Europe!

Used to consider myself a "hopper" when I was in my twenties. "Collected" both football and ice hockey grounds and have been to some really weird places. :)

Have no idea though how many grounds I have, as I stopped with the hobby due to work and all that other garbage that comes with age.

Should go through my match ticket collection and count the grounds.

Went to the rags last night. It really is getting so tired as a ground.

Trying to find a game for today!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.